X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules
    replied
    Ok looks good. Let's hope it works.

And yes it is hard at this stage to discover a new tech every 7 years but we don't know for sure.

It would be a great boost to the DA.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    It would be actually even not that expensive: PEG cost is 30 rows. We need 9 crawlers + 2(3)formers. We could maybe use 2 formers and let the last row accumulate with a little of help and some security 2 mineral purchase. This is as follows:

crawlers:
    4 - we have now
    1 - EM hurried (2150) 22 EC (full) for min for PEG in 2151
    1 - KP no hurry necessary
    1 - SH, I can rehome crawler from VL, so no hurry
    1 - RPS, no hurry
    1 - KC, with 2 min from current crwl, hurry (2150) 6EC only

this is total 9. Googlieplex would be 10 crawler, but since there is less than 10 now, we would have to pay 8 EC/min now...

Total energy spendings:
    minimum = 36 EC
    safe (2mineral) = 44 EC
    full (2 formers cashed) = 64 EC

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Here's my calculations for 2151: With crawlers within 1 move to reach Enigma on 2151

Kody: 2 atm, rush current production = 3 and move to within 1 move of Enigma in 2150.
    RPS: 1completes in 2150(rush if necessary) and move in 2150 to within 1 move of enigma
    Kahlua: 1 completed in 2150, ready
    Verres Loft: move crawler to within 1, this turn or next
    the second crawler becomes available in 2150 but can only get to within 1 1/3 moves.
    Googlieplex: move to within 1 move of Enigma.

That's 7 within 1 move of Enigma by 2151.

We currently could have 59 ecs if mw killed and ecs collected.

Rushing crawler in Snowflake would cost 37 ecs atm but I estimate about 25 max in 2150 to rush to be available in 2151
    Rushing crawler in Enigma, currently 88ecs might cost 27/28/30 in 2150.

Shifting settings to optimum setting with psych at 40 and econ at 30?( needs checked) will deliver 18 ecs next turn plus whatever we get for stockpile. (Labs should deliver 10 next turn and 10 after that for completion in 2151.

This means we should be able to afford to rush the 2 crawlers (Snowflake and Enigma) next turn.

That would be 9 crawlers.

Next move former near Kahlua to 17, 67 to be able to reach Enigma in 1, Move former to help with farm at 22,66

So without using the AA we could have 9 crawlers and 2 formers and a very small amount of ecs.

If pushed we could halt former farm production, at 22,66 to make that former also available for disband.

And if further pushed, halt former forest production, near Enigma to move it nearer Enigma.

So without cashing the AA we could have 9 crawlers, 2 formers and another 2 formers to build PEG. Would that be enough?

Dare we wait a further year to 2152.
    Last edited by Hercules; November 25, 2004, 14:08.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Withdraw Rover and probes to forest tile.
    Attack mw, near Heavans Gate, with Rover.
    If successful then move former to help with road building.

At this stage lets aim for 2151. We can delay research next year, if need be, by changing the settings.

And of course pre accept Doc: Flex to Gaians.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    One more thought - Morganities got Prog Psych in 2145. They would have to have 7 turns per tech this way to be faster than us in 2152. Is it possible? might be!!! Their votes are now 43!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    We could also go for 2152, and save this way Alien Artifact. We will have 9 crawlers by then able to reach Enigma Machine. We can use 3 formers in addition, what will be sufficient to complete PEG. We would have to "kill" research a bit to make it done in 2152 - just to feel safe about Morgans spotting our tech.

I am not sure about 2151, I have to calculate yet, how many crawlers we will have. Hercules, you maybe estimated that yet?

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    • We received Doctrine Flexibility from Spartans. We transfer it pre-accepted to Gaian Union.
    • Land connection to Human Hive is kinda "cursed". Do we withdraw as indicated to the forest tile south-west? Yang may attack either using Impact Speeder or Impact infantry. I would not expect this task force to survive this.
    • We could attack the mindworm near Heaven's Gate with scout from the base, but it might be risky. So finally do we agree on using rover as planned?
    • What to do with the former near Hercules station? Help the other former nearby to build road north-east?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ForesterSOF
    replied
    I go for staying at AE in 2151. This would allow resources to continue to be used how they are.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    By redeploying workers in Enigma and Kahlua we can do away with need for doctors. The extra energy helps our labs and by pushing the settings to 20 40 40 we can discover Adaptive Economics next turn.

Also we should pick up some ecs from killing the mw; so can rush some crawlers.

The question is can we produce enough crawlers in 2150 to Instabuild? I don't think we can and I still don't want to use the AA but it may be possible to build the SP using it.

But if not then I propose waiting until 2151. If we discover Adaptive Doctrine in 2150 without being able to Instabuild PEG, Morgan (if they also have Adaptive Doctrine and check tech share with us) will find we have it also and will believe it necesary to rush PEG themselves. Atm they (if they have it) think they have a little more time.

As to where to build PEG. under the time constraints and being reachable by the crawlers I now feel it will
    have to be Enigma, again.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Turn 2149 on opening.

We received Doc Flex and can switch to Adaptive Econ. which will be discovered in 2151 but could be discovered in 2150. ? To be discussed.

Unfortunately Mr Yang has sent an Impact Rover and and Impact Infantry to face off our rover and infoprobes. But has not declared Vendetta: still Truce status.

The MW at N. West has moved closer to Heavens Gate, but can be reached by our hardened rover.

Leave a comment:

• ForesterSOF
    replied
    Send 2 scouts to rcon the boarder and depending on what they find send out the probs accordingly.

While doing this continue the Tech build and the Tera use.

In the background continue the Diplomacy game.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    I share this feeling. We can actually infiltrate, then see what Hive has and then consider any other actions.

We were so unlucky so far with getting through the Hive lines, that it would be extremely bad luck to have again something obstructing probe team way...

Leave a comment:

• ForesterSOF
    replied
    With no troops to protect us I would not.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Before the turns come in - if there is clear path to the hive base - it will be infiltrated with one probe team. What we do with the other? Attempt any other action? Will we risk war?

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Around 4 hours to deadline and some nasty issue with SMAX file recognition. Please, Angels, come down from your heavenly floating in virtual heaven and attend (earthly) chironly matters...

See also Infotrader thread for urgent development of diplomacy with Spartans.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X