No announcement yet.

Angels M.Y. 2102 - MY2110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think wait on the pods. We've been going quite well and the last thing we need is a fungal tower bloom.

Oh, and in a sp game of mine recently I found out that MWs will spawn within a city radius...
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Before or after 2115?
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Not sure... probably after.
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Cypher1's headed back towards base, check the latest map for the other exploring
          Attached Files
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
          PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

I think next turn, I may turn 000 east, since it'd be wandering into the area 111 is headed for. 101 cna head further east along the coast and loop around west when it gets to the easternmost part of our island/continent.
            Attached Files
            But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Comment

Good idea on 000! Perhaps 1 north and then east? For avoiding the fungus.

How do you think about my proposed colony sites?
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

For the eastern base site, instead of the last river square, how about the square directly below it, northwest of the monolith?
                Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

You mean the the 'Pholus Ridge' tile? It's a rainy one, you want to dismiss the extra nut from it? It also costs an extra turn to found the base then.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yes that one. I'm not going to campaign too hard for that square, as I believe the benefits are only marginal. Mostly it seems a better place wrt future base placement options.
                    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Mmm, concerning future base placement would the tile NW of your proposal be better then, because then a base can be founded about 2 tiles SW on that tile where the other river ends in the canyon.

Personally, I prefer a 3-tile separation, but I guess most people inhere won't follow that drift, so I try settling for 2.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I like 3 or 4 tile seperation too.

So you're suggesting one base directly above the monolith, and another on the western end of the short canyon river? I like that.

Comment

Looks like there are 2 land crossings to the West - shall the northern probe turn back to hang along the N coast or also proceed west?
                          Attached Files

Comment

And here's the save:
                            Attached Files

Comment

the northern-most probe, on the rocky, should definitely continue north.

Comment

I am back 2110 already. this is good progress.

No comment yet on the new CP bases but I like the thinking processes.
                                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                                X