• Show
Clear All

I vote both yes.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Looks good from here too - Gaians were our most liekly ally anyway

But get that foil from them - I wanna go parasailing!

Eidt: by which I mean get it in the future, the current stuff looks good
      But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
      PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Ok, we got already a majority in favour then.

Let's wait a bit so FlameFlash can have his say too (if he pops in today).

Edit:

I'm editing quite a bit lately for disguising we're discussing things (and I offen post in the ACDG forum for disguising your posts ).

Ok, business. I'm pretty much convinced that the Spartans and the Gaians have met as well. Both Kassi and GT are posting on Eventis but their posts are hidden. I can't see any Morgans registered, nor are the registered members of Eventis likely cover DL's for them. In one of the diplo messages Illu drops the hint that their foil is scouting 'the eastern reaches', and the Gaians are most likely east of us as well. So I think that they've met over a sea between them. This also means that the Gaians will try trade double (IndAuto with us, and sth else for that with the Spartans). I suggest we try to let the Gaians research Doc:Mob while we finish Prog Psych and continue on AdapEcon and finally switch to Doc:Flex by a later trade of Doc:Mob with the Gaians then.
        Last edited by GeoModder; September 14, 2004, 09:49.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
          Ok, business. I'm pretty much convinced that the Spartans and the Gaians have met as well. Both Kassi and GT are posting on Eventis but their posts are hidden. I can't see any Morgans registered, nor are the registered members of Eventis likely cover DL's for them.
          Geo: Kassi has been registered on Eventis since before I was. I will make no comment on private forums, nor who has met who, however I will say that Eventis is used as private forums for many games, both from other games, DGs, and other team games. Read into the registrations what you will, but wrt Eventis, there is always more than one conclusion, especially with 10% of the sites members being Jag, and another 5% or so each for Tass, Verto and TTO.
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

It sounds good... has the extra stuff Mart recommended been added to the treaty besides just sweetening the immediate deal with a few extra units?

I like the IA deal, but I would like to see the Mart provision added to the tech treaty, we will, after all, have an advantage in tech over them once we can get infiltration.
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

The tech treaty is, as it is now, about informing the other party of any new tech acquired in whatever way and setting up a joint research project.

There is no clausule which forces to trade techs on a unequal exchange system. So acquiring tech and bartering over it are separated at this point.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

good, better confirm that's their interpretation of it, and then I'll happily jump on board.

Comment

Ok, this is the latest Treaty draft I posted in Eventis.

The Data Angels can agree with this, the Gaian proposal is made a bit more clearly, noteworthy point 2:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Treaty of Rock-Paper-Scissors

Respective factions of Data Angels and Gaian Union, and their representatives which have met in Angel town of Rock-Paper-Scissors, have agreed to a mutual trade and research pact, in interests of deeper cooperation and friendship between their nations. Terms of the treaty are as following:

1) Both of the signatories agree to mutual cooperation in research.

2) Both of the signatories agree to immediately announce to the other signatorie which technologies they posses, technologies currently being developed as well estimated years of their completion and keep the other side updated whenever status changes ("status change" means an event when one side either: 1. unexpectedly achieves a tech, 2. acquires a tech by trade, 3. the turn time to completion of a tech changes nonlineary (not -1/turn).)

3) Both of the signatories agree to share their future plans for research and beelines.

4) Both of the signatories agree to mutually assist one another in research and conduct joint research projects.

5) Terms of this Treaty will be set in motion with signing of the treaty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What do ye say?

IT GeoModder
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I like

Sorry to be so anal, just a little paranoid after being a pirate, I guess.

Comment

No prob, if you one day check the diplo thread on Eventis you should read my paranoia behind the polite questions.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Okay, for since the Treaty is accepted, can I post this?

To the Lord of Progress.

The rapidly increasing Angel database consists the following technologies:
                        Centauri Ecology, Industrial Base, Industrial Economics, Industrial Automation, Information Networks and Planetary Networks. Soon we expect to have Biogenetics and Progenitor Psych as well.

May we ask a list of your department for confirmation?

IT GeoModder
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Are we going to stress them with word "rapidly".
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest
                          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

-- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

News from the diplo front. The Gaians bad luck could be our luck.

There was obviously a misunderstanding in our communication, I guess we did not make it clear enough when we will receive Biogenetics. Estimation is fine, we need to research an option or two and make a poll about research. Our prefered beeline is not possible, and our tech choices are interesting - we will explore an option of a beeline with you, and then make a poll. I must say that Doctrine: Flexibility sound interesting. I will contact you soon. Oh, and everything went well - you will receive Biogenetics this turn.

-Lord Illuminatus

P.S. - you will notice something interesting when you receive your turn. Morgan has started Virtual World. Just to give you sth to do while you wait for out turn to be finished.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

And here is a follow-up:

We considered options and we have a short poll running for a day, but in any case I believe we will acknowledge your request and help you get to Doctrine Flexibility. I will inform you when it is offical, and when we can start negotiating about our next trade.

Walk with Planet Datajack, - Lord Illuminatus
                                For once sth that goes well in our diplomatic affairs.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X