Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say - Friendly. We need friends now for faster rise to power.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Definitely friendly, I am happy to agree to research co-operation. We can't have perma pact but we can suggest pact for 20 /30/ 40 years. This will need polled when we hear their views.

We also need to find out what techs thay have and tell them what we have.

Does our ethos of free flow of information mean we trade all our techs to them even if they have only one to offer us. Or is it to be a tech for tech exchange.
      A further consideration is reaching agreement on who tries to build what SPs.

Also do they have the any other faction (AI) comm to exchange.

Lastly for the moment, do we want to exchange maps?

Some of these questions I know can't be answered immediately but overall I suggest we are positive.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Who is our Ambassador btw. Geo and or Trithimus. Except we haven't heard from some of our colleagues for some while.

This is an exciting phase.

Comment

Return message proposal, in my function as Infotrader:

Don't tell me I wasnt quick, Herc...

The Data Angels greet warmly their fellow humans of the Gaian Union on this new world.
          The values you endorse in your message are mostly, if not all, in coherence with our own,
          so we do think a close cooperation between our factions is possible.

To reassure you, The Angels stance towards the free flow of information is only
          implemented if dearly necessary as in cases where faction leaders flatly refuse
          to share information generously with their fellow kin.

As a start we gladly accept your proposal of a close Treaty with us and start commerce,
          no doubt mutual research cooperation can be reached as well in the not so far future.

We politely request that you withdraw your units from our territory and refrain from opening any starship Unity pods within our borders. Due to our current relations, presence of your units in our territory causes difficulties in using our communication trails. Opening further starship Unity pods endangers our bases and non-military units in the field by exposing them to native planet life attacks. We have already noticed missing pod within our borders. In return we offer to respect Gaian territorial borders in the same way.

Sincerely,
          Infotrader GeoModder
          Comments and grammar corrections are most welcome.
          Last edited by GeoModder; September 2, 2004, 07:47.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

But Doc:Flex is a must have for us now with the landbridge continuously blocked, I'm prepared to give IndAuto for that if necessary. But I wonder, the Gaians have all techs towards IndAuto AND Doc:Mob+Doc:Flex? They're ahead of us then...
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

How about the last paragraf this way:
              We politely request that you withdraw your units from our territory and refrain from opening any starship "Unity" pods within our borders. Due to our current relations, presence of your units in our territory causes difficulties in using our communication trails. Opening starship "Unity" pods endangers our bases and non-military units in the field by exposing them to native planet life attacks. In return we offer to respect Gaian territorial borders in the same way.

Maybe let's resign from indicating missing pod. They did it when not aware of our borders.
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

Trade Doc:Mobility and Doc:Flex
                for Ind Auto and hive commlink

I think it's worth it. Any other bets?
                Mart
                Map creation contest

Comment

Why not sth like this: they agree to give over control of a rover to us and Doc:Flex for IndAuto and the Commlink?

We save the research costs then of Doc:Mob.

For Intellectual Integrity we can always try to 'borrow' Doc:Loy from the Hive in the future. The landbridge won't be blocked forever...

And I think we MUST mention the missing pod somehow so that they will not think we don't know the positions of them so might try to sneak some more away.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

If they sneak a pod that would be violation of the treaty and we would require reparations
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest

Comment

Doc:Flex definitely. Good idea about rover except I think it's a unity rover same as we have already, so doesn't come with Doc:Mob
                      The Gaians have not met any of the other human factions either.

Comment

I think Mart's amendment is tactful, Maybe add 'further' before starship unity pods To read:
                        ............and refrain from opening any further starship "Unity" pods within our borders.

Comment

After some thoughts, why not just to write:
                          We politely request that you withdraw your units from our territory and refrain from opening any starship "Unity" pods within our borders. Due to our current relations, presence of your units in our territory causes difficulties in using our communication trails. Opening starship "Unity" pods endangers our bases and non-military units in the field by exposing them to native planet life attacks. We have already noticed missing pod within our borders. In return we offer to respect Gaian territorial borders in the same way.
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest

Comment

But Herc, that means then that the Gaians have acquisioned (spelling?) Doc:Flex from an early pod pop. The rover is hardened btw, so it must have or 2 upgrades if constructed by them, or 1 monolith upgrade.

In any way, I agree with Marts' latest change for the diplo message. Can I sent it through then or do we wait for more opinions?

Also, can I accept the Treaty proposal then in the turn?

I implemented both your suggestions in the message proposal I posted earlier.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ok, forwarded the message above with all the corrections suggested towards Chaos Theory and Octavian X.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

And both the recipients have seen our diplomatic response.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X