Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if we have to take the news in their gazette too seriously... but I didn't take the effort to read it yet, so...
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• now i'm puzzled...
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Join the club...
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• I haven't done so yet, but I am going to inform Gaians that the spore launcher will be transferred to them as a gift and support of their war effort.
          Mart
          Map creation contest

Comment

• Updated technology intelligence, finally after 10 years lag
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

• The reply from Gaians, re Spartan proposal:
              1. Sparta gives Gaians EcolEng.
              2. Gaia switches research to IntInt, provided they could get IntInt several years earlier than the Angels.
              3. Gaia gives Sparta - and the Angels - IntInt when it's researched. Gaia gets in return from the Angels something return.
              4. The Angels switch research to Cyberethics (should that be possible), and give it to Sparta when researched.

We find this acceptable. I propose we give you EE in return for control of SL and tech of our choosing - is this acceptable to Angels? I'll give you Hive base coordinates tommorow.
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

• I checked technology choices sheet. In order to be offered Cyberethics we will need get 2 additional techs. Thus Gaians need to transfer a technology (EE ?) before IntInt so we can switch to Cyberethics
                Mart
                Map creation contest

Comment

• Re permission for Sparta to infiltrate us to acquire tech during sunspots. Only granted on a reciprocal basis ie they allow us to infiltrate/probe them.

Ok on above exchange deal
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Wait a sec, how can the Spartans acquire tech during sunspots? Does the diplo screen still works then for human teams? And if so, why do they need infiltration then?
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Is that you back now Geo? If so, welcome back. You must tell us about your travels. (preferably in a newspaper format) Intelligence gathering in Middleearth.

re tech exchange/acquistion during sunspots. You can still probe and steal tech from other factions, the diplo message from whom you steal (or maybe its your own) will ask whether to declare vendetta or strong rebuke. You or they choose strong rebuke and hence you can continue.

However it tended to be accepted for factions adjacent to each other and in prior contact obviously (see Hive and Drones relationship in ACDG2 during sunspots).
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I'm back in Europe now, yes. Next 3 days I have nightshift tho, so 't might be a slow re-entry.

A yes, so we still must 'see' a Spartan unit to have proper contact. The Cyborgs got into problems with that when the Uni was pacted with the Cyborgs without checking each other units first.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Heh. Well, I'm for it, especially since the Spartans will need to give us at least one shore base coordinate so we can properly probe/infiltrate them. Likewise, we need to trade maps with them, the last thing I want to happen is for us to just end up with a world map from them, after all (even though that too would be valuable.)

Comment

• Oh, and welcome back Geo!

Comment

• You sure?
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• From Illu:

Labor Network 33,47
                                Society Grid 37,49
                                Society of Proper Thought 47,49

These three bases are the closest coastal bases for you. We use the last one for our probes. If you go for SPT, you'll need to go around a dozen tile sited peninsula and go through at least one tile of xenofungus. On the other hand (if I may suggest), to reach Society grid you need 12 movement points and you don't have to breach any fungus. If you prefer to concentrate on extraction of technologies from Yang, you could skip infiltrating him and simply ask us for information you need on him, since we already infiltrated him - just a friendly suggestion.
                                It seems to me that we can infiltrate the Hive as well with one of the probes in the transport in two turns. Or had those already another destination?
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X