Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hrmm I'm going to run out of space for the newletter. Maybe I'll need to post to apolyton community about it.

Comment

you reached the post size limit?
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I frequently reached the post size limit when writing newspapers back in ACDGII. I usually cut the newspaper down until it fit in the last game. Although with this newspaper it looks like it's going to be too big to cut down.

Comment

Looks to me you still have rooms for two more articals. But you definitely don't have room for the university. Perhaps you should open the classes in a separate thread.

The newspaper is for roleplaying and more relaxed stuff. But the university can be a real treasure for people who are interested in game playing.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

No I only have less than 1500 words left, which is only 1 more article.

I think I need to move your poem to the 2nd post and maybe spilt it over two columns since it's so BIG.

Comment

Yes that is perhaps the way to go. It is UnO's poem btw. I just felt it's a good roleplay example. If we don't want to use it for the newspaper, I could simply post it in the rec commons. What do you think?

Btw should I ask his permission to include it here? He posted it at MZO.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Hrmm well if you haven't asked him then we better remove it from the newspaper. It's generally not good to go posting other people's work without asking them.

Comment

We did credit his name didn't we? And public post is public assets. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I post it in the rec commons. He gave this to me for my grapefruit collection. But I guess I probably should ask him if we are putting it in a newspaper.

Let me know if you still want to use it.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I'm okay with using it, just need to make sure if he wants it to be published in this newspaper. How, about this we'll including the poem in the next edition if he would like it put in?

In breaking news there was a government cover up in Spartan Command recently. Honghu reported huffing and puffing from of a member of the Spartan High Council Googlie and an enraged shout over the open Spartan frequency channels. She says she fears for her life and refuses to give further details. Mysteriously the communication transcripts have been modified leaving only Honghu's comment of "Wow Googlie is really enraged" behind.

There is wild speculation on what actually happened and rumors that Googlie has joined the mafia. Sparta Command has remained tight lipped about the issue and refuses to make any comments. The smooth destruction of the majority of the evidence also suggests a Data Angel link, which is highly worrying for other factions. A recovery program was run on the computers of the Pholus Lunar Colony and an interesting fragment of Googlie's transmission "poly…. slow" was recovered. Could the "poly" be some reference to a parrot and previous enmity against pirates? It is unlikely that this mystery will ever be solved.
                    Last edited by Kody; July 1, 2004, 02:21.

Comment

I'm good with it. I'll PM him about this after he sees the first edition then.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Honghu's Illness

Following the crash, Honghu the ship's counsellor seemed to have fallen into depression with barely any response to questions directed at her. It was believed that an intense bout of nostalgia had infected her after we had landed on the alien moon, although the number of causalities of the Unity disaster could have also been weighing on her mind.

All the citizens of the Pholus Lunar Colony were deeply concerned with this turn of events as she was seen one of the strong pillars that held the colony together. Honghu has recently recovered upon the construction of the transmission tower that allowed us the ability to converse with survivors on the planet. She has taken on the task of counselling many of the traumatised survivors of the unity disaster and it has pushed the last vestiges of depression away.

In an effort to prevent this from happening to another colony member, some of the citizens in the Pholus Lunar Colony have taken colony morale into their own hands. First Officer Drogue has recently made the recommendation that all citizens should attempt to find something to giggle over at least once per day. Communications Officer Kody has given free reign of the communication channels to all Pholus Lunar Citizens resulting in rather busy airwaves that recently drew the ire of Skanky for spamming the Spartan frequencies. Navigation Officer Method took a more direct approach, by releasing laughing gas into the ventilation ducts. He was caught when the entire base heard loud rumbustious laughing and banging coming from one of the main ventilation shafts.

Comment

/me giggles in accordance with Drogue's newest rule, and at the humourous post above *

Comment

Showdown between Method and Kody

Two prominent members of the Pholus Lunar Colony have made a wager on who can pick up the most government positions.

Kody the Narrator of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game, Senior Consultant on Universe Mechanics of Morgan Industries, Minister in charge of making sure the pins stay in the right spots on the War Map for the Spartans, Joint Peanut publisher for the Data Angels, Senior Nudist Runner Through Trees and Executive Preserve of Rosbuds of the Gaians, Spam Puppy - editor of the Pholus Lunar Newscast, and Janitor of Honghu's Washroom has accused Method the Grand Moff of Pointless Titles, General Error, Chief TKGer, Spartan Secretary of Keeping the DBTSverse Bunnies at Bay, Gumtelfitrickber Minister of the Spartan Federation, President of the Spartan Pacifist Party, Team Spammer of the Data Angels, Morganic Minister of Monocle, Chief Admirer of the Tall and Particularly Beautiful Stand of White Pine Planted at the Time of the First Colonies of the Gaian Union, Supreme Quasiantropomorphic Personfication of a Pause for Thought for Gaians, Founder, Leader and only Member of Gaian Republican Party, Assistant of our Lord and Master Drogue, and Mikromod of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game of cheating in the wager when it became apparent that Kassiopeia of the Spartans was giving multiple titles at a time.

Kody the Narrator of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game, Senior Consultant on Universe Mechanics of Morgan Industries, Minister in charge of making sure the pins stay in the right spots on the War Map for the Spartans, Joint Peanut publisher for the Data Angels, Senior Nudist Runner Through Trees and Executive Preserve of Rosbuds of the Gaians, Spam Puppy - editor of the Pholus Lunar Newscast, and Janitor of Honghu's Washroom attempted to declare that a difference of no more than one position between among all the factions was allowed and claimed that any other way would be unfair as it would be easy to gain unlimited titles from one faction. He stated that it was clearly against the spirit of the wager to attempt to gain all the positions from a single faction.

Method the Grand Moff of Pointless Titles, General Error, Chief TKGer, Spartan Secretary of Keeping the DBTSverse Bunnies at Bay, Gumtelfitrickber Minister of the Spartan Federation, President of the Spartan Pacifist Party, Team Spammer of the Data Angels, Morganic Minister of Monocle, Chief Admirer of the Tall and Particularly Beautiful Stand of White Pine Planted at the Time of the First Colonies of the Gaian Union, Supreme Quasiantropomorphic Personfication of a Pause for Thought for Gaians, Founder, Leader and only Member of Gaian Republican Party, Assistant of our Lord and Master Drogue, and Mikromod of the Third Alpha Centraui Democracy Game rudely replied that it was never specified as part of the rules and hence legal.

Kody then threatened to set his media empire on the task of defaming Method stating "I control the newspapers! Whoever controls the newspapers controls the population". Method calmly replied "I control the newspapers to a greater degree". This sent Kody off on a rant on how it would be unfair to use special powers on the media and it would be undemocratic to control the media in such a way. In reply, Method simply stated he couldn't be bothered reading long posts.

Skanky quite fed up with Kody and Method using the Spartan communication frequency to argue locked the thread and insinuated it would be better to argue in person as that wouldn't cost the price of exter-planetary communication link.

In the aftermath Method has shown he has a clear lead over our favourite Pholus Lunar Citizen so the Pholus Lunar Newscast has called for a position embargo on Method to prevent his title growing even longer. This has the added benefit of reducing the number of trees cut down used to produce the documents with his name on them. Thus the new slogan is "Prevent Method from getting a longer title and make forest growth more likely."
                            Last edited by Kody; July 1, 2004, 01:50.

Comment

Comment

Testing this last thing out.

Spartans:    Posts:242 Threads:18
                                Gaians: Posts:258 Threads:27
                                Morgan: Posts:122 Threads:9
                                Data Angels: Posts:271 Threads:17
                                CMNs: Posts:176 Threads:9

Item 1 Item 2 Item 3
                                Item 4 Item 5

Item 1 Item 2 Item 3
                                Item 4 Item 5

Data Angels faction is looking for more single female computer hackers to stimulate pop boom.

Missing persons: One of our comrades, Mellian has gone missing, If she strays into any of your forums send her back here.

Empty

Empty

Test
                                Last edited by Kody; July 1, 2004, 10:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X