Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY year 2103 (Spartans)

Drogue:

Enigma didn't cheat last turn. I don't see what caused him to change his mind, did someone privately talk to him recently? Or perhaps Honghu's thread at bearbaiting actually worked.

Comment

I agree with what Drogue and you said. Engima has to learn at his own pace. However we believe differently what is the best way to help him learn. You believe to let him continue is better, while I do not feel it is fair to the others. And I agree with Googlie too. His wins will not mean anything if people know he has obtained them through cheating. How would he realize that? Well I think we better tell him that. It may be actually better for him if we tell him now, other than when he actually wins the game, and then you announce to all that his win is nothing because he cheated. If you are afraid that he'd hate you for spoiling his fun, well imagine how much he would hate you if you let him waste all those time, including some honest hours, and then declare him as the big cheater. If you are not prepared to do that then, then let me ask you when are you going to do that? Or are you never going to do that? If all CMNs for all pbems are like this, how would he learn that his cheating does not bring him anything if he actually wins each and every game without being caught?

I know I think straight. Perhaps I can't understand your way of thinking. But I really believe that SMAC better die from lack of interest than live through a bunch of young kids who don't know the real fun is not in the cheating. I also believe that if we have a culture that foster such behaviors, instead of condemning them, then SMAC is going to die even faster. In fact I already felt the lack of interest has started to grow inside me.

Yes I do not like to live in a world where good and beautiful things are overshaddowed.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

So be it.

Comment

Drogue, please look at this thread.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Thanks, I have posted.
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I don't play chicken Honghu. I carefully outlined the consequences.

It not about who Enigma hates the most, it's about me hating myself.

Comment

So it is not about Enigma after all is it? It is about you. I thought you'd be happy that Enigma is willing to change and go clean.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Honghu, you should know better than to try that.

What is started should be finished, unless you find something has seriously changed or something you thought was wrong. Engima has not changed I know him far better than that. All that's happened so far is uncertainty has crept in and it's difficult to carry out what was decided. When things get hard you need to push yourself harder.

If everytime you change your decision just because it's too difficult to follow the decision through then you'll always take the easiest route. If you tell yourself that you can change your decision if you get more uncertain down the track then you'll often go rabbiting off with bad decisions more often than not.

You always like proverbs and such. "If you always take the easiest path you will never climb a mountain."

I don't know whether what I'm doing is the right thing or not. I just know that nothing has changed and I have to finish it.

Comment

MY year 2111 (Gaians)

Gaians appear to be struggling due to their bad terrian, too early to say that it's their decisions making the difference. As I suspected early on starting on or near a river makes a big difference to early development.

Comment

Intervention from mods may be needed.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

My first thought was to allow it, because it was a simple omission, no foul play is involved here. Then again, if they forgot it, maybe that's too bad. With drugs nowhere to be seen....

Comment

I've given it to them this time. Not next time. If it happens again, there will be no "oh i forgot just let me try again".

I just hope i'm not setting a dangerous precedent here. Today it's "oh, i forgot diplomacy" tomorrow it's "oh, i forgot to rush the Ascent to Transcendence".

Comment

Method, please check if the Angel's turn will have a reload warning message if the old turn had been played. If so then the Spartans' need to be notified when Angels finish their turn.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

It shouldn't have a reload message. Even if the old turn _was_ played (which it doesn't look like), the new turn is a different save altogether.

Comment

Mart said something about might having reload message. I thought I'd just double check with you.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X