Moderator Game News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got an error on first posting so try again

the revised name is not because I now changed it but because it was changed from original version because of some changes requested by drogue
    Attached Files

Comment

So it seems the best course of action is myself to remove all turns currently up, Kody to alter the first Gaian turn to give Morgan's 10 more ec, and then to carry on as expected, not to restart it and change the tech trade flags.

If the ec can't be altered that easily, we can replay the moves, but no moves have beem made yet.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well I think we're in 100% agreement then. They get the 10 ECs, but no change to their techonology. Not that we need agreement since Drogue has veto.

Edit: okay I'll make the nessacary changes, I'll upload within 30 minutes and Drogue double checks. Then he posts it as the official turn.

Comment

MY year 2101 (Data Angel Turn)

Here's the new save, Drogue.

I've double checked that everything is fine, please triple check quickly then post it to the gaians?

With the gaian turn you can do the following.
          *plant one base
          *build former, stockpile energy
          *move scout west
          *move 2nd colony pod west
          *press endturn
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Kody; June 30, 2004, 10:53.

Comment

Posted ruling in the Morgan Forum.
            Smile

Comment

Received communications from Gaians questioning whether Kody's mentioning of their stretegic error is a designed feint by the mods in this game. I answered that Kody's comment is only rooted from his craze for any discussions related to the game and that he's decided to refrain from giving out in game advices.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Sorry I should have just edited it out completely. Old habits from the ACDGII die hard. It was an automatic response, when I see an error I immediately say something. Fortunately, I had a question asking Drogue about if it was allowed rather than blurting out exactly what I was thinking. Although looking back it wasn't the best thing to do either.

Feint, as in testing them? Or that the mods are playing with them?
                Last edited by Kody; July 2, 2004, 08:25.

Comment

Playing with them. Conspiracy theories already!
                  Smile

Comment

Turn up here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...49#post3112049

Kody: Please check it's right. Just hate to have messed something up

How do we open the turn in the scenario editor, to check all the other people's stats/turns?
                    Smile

Comment

It appears I uploaded the wrong file. I looked at the save file I uploaded and I zipped the older turn. While I find in my trash the newer file. Grr I should have added "revised again" instead of "revised" because I had another file with "revised" from changing the data angel password earlier.

I didn't check it earlier, because I assumed you checked it and I was busy writing newspaper articles.

This prompted me to look at the data angel's turn. They've gotten 2 monoliths, a nut bonus, a unity rover and battle ogre in their first turn.

I'd just like to say that I'm not going to repop their pods for them.
                      Last edited by Kody; July 2, 2004, 08:26.

Comment

Here's the right save.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Kody; July 2, 2004, 08:27.

Comment

So we started with the wrong save, again? I don't know how to check, since it won't let me open it in the scenario editor. How do you check the turn?

Can we edit the turn now, and add the spams, or do we need to start again? If we need to restart, I'll play this and the angels turn, and no need for extra pod pops, since the angels have asked for a replay. Here's the email from Enigma:

I believe that the Battle Ogre was overpowered, and would have made the game too easy.
                          I request that I replay Angels 2101 so that this game is more of a challenge than a cake walk.

It would probably be faster to replay the turn than to fish for an ogre. They're like 1 in 50, so you could be replaying for days and not get one.

I'll make no new exploratory moves... not that it matters, but I figure it's best to get in the habit early.
                          IMHO, this is the best solution, and along with giving other teams the base co-ordinates of the discovered base, is the fairest course of action, IMHO. They did break the rules, I don't believe they directly meant to so leveling the playing field, combined with a replay that will almost certainly not be as generous, is the best course of action, IMHO.

Any comments/arguments will be greatly appreciated Please see the comment in the Angel thread, specifically here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...3#post3115177.

Thanks
                          Smile

Comment

Method: I am going to bed now, I need sleep for work tomorrow morning. Moreover, I won't be going home after work tomorrow, so won't be at my computer until saturday. Therefore, I am hereby authorising you to play the new Gaians turn, exactly as before (see Kody's orders), and then forward the turn to Enigma. Engima will replay exactly as he did last time, and I'll check over the weekend that he has.

If you can't do it, please post, and Kody will do, though as Mod, I'd rather it was you, for legitimacy. Post the turn on the Angels forum, not the main one, if you could.

Many thanks. Hopefully this is now fine, and we can get it properly started. I will release the co-ordinates of the base they found, to each faction in private, over the weekend.

All sound good?
                            Smile

Comment

MY year 2101 (Data Angel Turn-restart)

So we started with the wrong save, again? I don't know how to check, since it won't let me open it in the scenario editor. How do you check the turn?
                              You have to open each turn up as a player, you can't scenario edit anymore.

Method: I am going to bed now, I need sleep for work tomorrow morning. Moreover, I won't be going home after work tomorrow, so won't be at my computer until saturday. Therefore, I am hereby authorising you to play the new Gaians turn, exactly as before (see Kody's orders), and then forward the turn to Enigma. Engima will replay exactly as he did last time, and I'll check over the weekend that he has.

If you can't do it, please post, and Kody will do, though as Mod, I'd rather it was you, for legitimacy. Post the turn on the Angels forum, not the main one, if you could.

Many thanks. Hopefully this is now fine, and we can get it properly started. I will release the co-ordinates of the base they found, to each faction in private, over the weekend.

All sound good?
                              I agree with Method or you to playing the turn. I feel I've been taking too much of a modship role when I should be looking at activity and roleplay issues more.
                              Last edited by Kody; July 2, 2004, 08:28.

Comment

maybe tomorrow. it would involve installing SMAC, and i'm really really not in the mood right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X