No announcement yet.

Team Pledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At moment I'm a freelancer and won't be available for a while.
    Promoter of Public Morale
    Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

/me hits Obs with a quantum planet buster.

Enigma: There may very well still be 10,000 members on the site, but they would all be the 0 post-count people. Enjoy.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Your pledge is still valid. You should pledge to another pledge that cancells effect of this one.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Can he repledge to this one in spirit?
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I do not see any reason why. But we really need to start work on that pledge.
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Ok I have modified the pledge a little bit so it fits our purpose. I found that it actually includes quite some clauses that I assume Drogue will start polling tonight. So it may still change. I will now post it in the next post for comments (not for pledging).

I think when we finalize the rules Drogue can post this pledge with the list of forbidden exploit in a topped thread, and the leaders of each team as well as other people could make their pledge, and when new people come in they would be able to see it also.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Team Pledge

As the leader and representative of my team, I give you, the other leaders and team members in the game, the following promise:

I, and my team, hereby promise that we will fully abide by the rules and the spirit of the rules in this multi-team democracy game.

We will not play ahead or abuse the game save in any manner. We will not use the game save in any way to gain extra knowledge about another team's position that would not be revealed through the normal fashion.

We agree not to communicate with another team in any meaningful way regarding the game until that team is actually contacted in the game. Minimaps, or other similar re-creations providing a team’s location in the world, will not be traded until maps can actually be traded in the game.

We will not attempt to enter or view any private forums other than our own. We will not fabricate e-mails or other forms of messaging or falsify our identities in any fashion.

We will not engage in any double identity or double log-in activity, nor will we condone it. If we become of aware of such activity, it will be made public to all teams immediately. Any members engaging in such activity will be banned from ALL teams involved in the game. Any information revealed by a double identity player will be made known to the other team involved, and the neutral administrator, and appropriate compensation, as either agreed by the teams, or if agreement is not possible, as determined by the neutral administrator, will be provided.

We will do our best to quickly complete our turns and make the save available for the next team prior to the deadline. This deadline is 48 hours per team per turn. The first turn submitted by the turn player would be deemed official and is nonretractable. If the deadline is passed, the first submitted turn from a team member would be adopted unless specific request from the team leader and/or turn player is received.

In the case of game process issues and disputes, we agree to acknowledge and abide by the ruling of the neutral moderator for this game. The Creator of this game is buster. The Moderator of this game will be Drogue and Method as his second in command. The Narrators of this game will be Kody and HongHu. In the case where a team disputes the moderator’s ruling, we agree that the ruling will be uphold unless it is overridden by an unanimous vote from all CMNs other than Drogue.

In addition, we agree to allow the CMNs access to our private forums, either provided by Apolyton or located offsite, for the purpose of acting as game arbitrator and/or historian.

We agree to never engage in game activities that exploit faults in the game. A list of known exploits may be found here.

Furthermore, we will expel anyone from our team who willingly breaks these rules.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I find it sad that a pledge is needed to effect the rules of the ACDG.

Also, in many ways the pledge is redundant: those who will abide by the letter and the spirit of the game will do so without requiring a pledge; those who will abuse the game (eg – cheat) will happily pledge and then cheat anyway.

Hydro

Comment

It's kind of an agreement. You specify what one should abide so to avoid well intentioned people violating something unintentionly.

We've all asked and talked about what is considered cheating. In other words, cheating is not exactly a black and white issue. Some people feel something should be allowed and others think otherwise.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                    X