Team Pledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Pledge

At MZO Oct has posted a pledge for all teams that are participating the Conquests Democracy Game. I have read it and am very moved by it. I think we should do something like that. I've copied the pledge here. I hope we can modify it and use it for the next ACDG.

As the leader and representative of my team, I give you, the other leaders and team members in the game, the following promise:

I, and my team, hereby promise that we will fully abide by the rules and the spirit of the rules in this multi-team democracy game.

We will not play ahead or abuse the game save in any manner. We will not use the game save in any way to view another team's position.

We will not attempt to enter or view any private forums. We will not fabricate e-mails or other forms of messaging or falsify our identities in any fashion.

We agree not to communicate with another team in any meaningful way regarding the game until that team is actually contacted in the game. Minimaps, or other similar re-creations providing a teams location in the world, will not be traded until maps can actually be traded in the game.

We will not engage in any double identity or double log-in activity, nor will we condone it. If we become of aware of such activity, it will be made public to all teams immediately. Any members engaging in such activity will be banned from ALL teams involved in the game. Any information revealed by a double identity player will be made known to the other team involved, and the neutral administrator, and appropriate compensation, as either agreed by the teams, or if agreement is not possible, as determined by the neutral administrator, will be provided.

I agree to create and maintain a current members list in a public area of the forum.

We will do our best to quickly complete our turns and make the save available for the next team prior to the deadline. This deadline is 24 hours per team per turn.

In the case of game process issues and disputes, we agree to acknowledge and abide by the ruling of the neutral adminstrator. The neutral administrator for this game will be Octavian X or his designate, who will not be, and will not have been, a member of a team in the game.

In addition, we agree to allow the administrator access to our private forum provided by MZO for the purpose of acting as game historian.

We agree to never engage in game activities that exploit faults in the game. A list of known explots may be found here.

Furthermore, we will expell anyone from our team who willingly breaks these rules.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

BTW, I just posted it. I shouldn't be given credit for writing most of it.

But, I agree, it's a good document that we should imitate to some extent for fairness' sake.
    Join a Democracy Game today!
    | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Seen in that respect one can call anything meaningless, Tassadar.

Besides, the 'morally bound' have the 'power' to bring cheat(s)(ers) to the front, after which measures can be taken.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I like it
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

i`d hit it! i am mean i like it
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Yes it's not like it's a law or something and Poly don't have police force to enforce a law anyway. But it is all about fostering a positive environment in my opinion.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I so pledge.

And Poly has mods who can whack those who behave badly.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

We are here to have fun playing a game, and a game has rules. I agree to play according to the spirit of this pledge.
                "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Let`s make it part of each faction`s oath!
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

The hive had it's spam pledge, okay not really. But I do swear the pledge. I just need the free time to join in.
                    Promoter of Public Morale
                    Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

/me lays his left hand on a copy of Chairman Voltaire´s glorious words of wisdom, raises his right hand and repeats the oath from the first post of this thread.

Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                      Let me eat your yummy brain!
                      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Still needs a bit of expanding and clarification on things but its a great foundation to build on. Lets discuss further and then have a formal Pledge thread that everyone in the game will "sign".

We should have that list of banned exploits in their and some clarification on some of the insidents that occured this game such as the Cycon-Peace Doc Init trade/theft and some of the conflicting turns submited from the Hive.

Also I am wonding if we realy want to use a 24 hour turn. I am ok with it if others are just be shure were not biting off more then we can chew.
                        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Maybe expand the turn time and allow exceptions for unseen events.
                          I will sign once it is determined that this will be the "definitive" thread.

But I am in support of this. Any dissenters should be rounded up and thrown in the Punishment Spheres.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Re: Team Pledge

As the leader and representative of my team(1), I give you, the other leaders and team members in the game, the following promise:

I, and my team,(2) hereby promise that we will fully abide by the rules and the spirit of the rules in this multi-team democracy game.

We will not play ahead or abuse the game save in any manner. We will not use the game save in any way to view another team's position.(3)

We will not attempt to enter or view any private forums.(4) We will not fabricate e-mails or other forms of messaging(5) or falsify our identities in any fashion. (6)

We agree not to communicate with another team in any meaningful way regarding the game until that team is actually contacted in the game. Minimaps, or other similar re-creations providing a teams location in the world, will not be traded until maps can actually be traded in the game.

We will not engage in any double identity or double log-in activity, nor will we condone it. If we become of aware of such activity, it will be made public to all teams immediately. Any members engaging in such activity will be banned from ALL teams involved in the game. Any information revealed by a double identity player will be made known to the other team involved, and the neutral administrator, and appropriate compensation, as either agreed by the teams, or if agreement is not possible, as determined by the neutral administrator, will be provided.

I agree to create and maintain a current members list in a public area of the forum.(7)

We will do our best to quickly complete our turns and make the save available for the next team prior to the deadline. This deadline is 24 hours per team per turn. (8)

In the case of game process issues and disputes, we agree to acknowledge and abide by the ruling of the neutral adminstrator. The neutral administrator for this game will be Octavian X or his designate, who will not be, and will not have been, a member of a team in the game.(9)

In addition, we agree to allow the administrator access to our private forum provided by MZO for the purpose of acting as game historian.(10)

We agree to never engage in game activities that exploit faults in the game. A list of known explots may be found here.

Furthermore, we will expell anyone from our team who willingly breaks these rules.
                            (1) So why are the plebs taking the pledge?
                            (2) Can't make promises on behalf of another.
                            Should the phrase be "I promise that my team and I", or
                            edit (1) to refer to all team members?
                            (3) Aside from using the turn in a normal fashion. Infiltration screens and exploration during your (non-repeated) turn.
                            (4) Other than our own
                            (5) 'Fabricate' as in to create false information. (Fabricate is an ambiguous word)
                            (6) Other than already done by having Aliases on these fora
                            (7) "The Forum" Referring to the public forum of the ACDG
                            (8) Hasn't been polled for a majority and thus can't be included in a pledge.
                            (9) Also haven't polled Oct X as a mod. Oct X is a member of The Gaians, and so this clause is false.
                            (10) Forums provided by who?!?!

*ahem*
                            ENIGMA'S PLEDGE
                            As a sentient entity, I decide to understand the reasons and implications of what I do, to the best of my abilities.
                            I will understand ideas presented to me.
                            I will make informed decisions on those ideas.
                            [/endpledge]

So you've all gone and agreed to a pact which:
                            1. Denies you private fora
                            2. Enforces a 24-hour turn time
                            3. Makes Oct X a 'neutral moderator'

Well done, morons. Bloody well done.
                            Maybe next time you'll think about what you do instead of applying ignorance and idiocy whenever someone posts a thumbs-up smilie.

It is clear that none of you have -read- the pledge (save Impaler), and in so pledging to it, you have done so dishonestly.
                            Shame on you all for this.

Oh and Impaler: +RESPECT for you.

Comment

I rebuke the Pledge of Allegiance to the Third Alpha Centauri Democracy Game.
                              (Enigma's Pledge, I will keep)

Comment

Working...
                              X