SMAC/SMAX Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC/SMAX Survey

In order to get a more detailed picture about what's going on concerning SMAX ownership and participation in a possible next acdg, I'd like to ask a few questions:

1) Do you own basic SMAC: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and have it installed? Yes or no? This may look like a stupid question, but some people did participate in this game without having SMAC.

2) Do you own SMAX: Alien Crossfire? Yes or no?

3) In a possible next acdg, would you want to play with SMAC or SMAX? I know it has been asked in a previous thread, but I'm reasking just to get all the data in one thread.

4) If we played basic SMAC, would you participate in a next ACDG? Yes or no?

5) If we played with the expansion pack SMAX, would you participate in a next ACDG? Yes or no?

Thanks for answering.
    1: Yes
    18.99%
    1: No
    0.00%
    2: Yes
    14.56%
    2: No
    4.43%
    3: SMAC
    5.70%
    3: SMAX
    13.92%
    4: Yes
    17.09%
    4: No
    1.90%
    5: Yes
    15.82%
    5: No
    3.16%
    Write-in
    0.63%
    Xenobanana!
    3.80%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

1 - Yes.

2 - Yes.

3 - SMAX.

4 - Yes.

5 - Yes.

Comment

Like the man says :

1 - Yes.

2 - Yes.

3 - SMAC.

4 - Yes.

5 - Yes.

But with a preference for SMAC. I hate some of the extra techs.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Sorry you feel that way WoA. Going back to SMAC again is dropping from special extra add-on pack to basic game. Some of those extra things are great - the Brood Pit for Police, for example.

We've done enough with SMAC, let's go for SMAX this time. Honestly, how many here don't know SMAC and its tactics to transcendence and back? I would love to test in a Demo game environment the times that resonance armour/weapons are used over their pulse or basic analogues, and those new factions are just so much more varied than the first.

The Alien Crossfire pack adds so much to the mix - let's branch out and see what we can do with it...
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Grrr, R-Lasers

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Damn, it's a dead heat now... how much longer do we have?

Comment

Well, in the event of a dead heat, I'll change and go with SMAX. I'm sure I can live with the R-Lasers if I have to.

-Jam

Comment

Yes
                Yes
                SMAX
                Yes
                Yes
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Amazing. Me and Herc can agree on something.

Yes
                  Yes
                  SMAX
                  Yes
                  Yes
                  Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

yes
                    yes
                    SMAX (flechette defence and pirates! )
                    yes
                    yes
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Looks like I won't be participating in the next DG. This was fun though
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Why have you not got SMAX Drogue. I know it's difficult to get/expensive on ebay nowadays, but there have been lots of opportunities over the past 2/3 years to get the expansion pact. Did you just come to the game that bit too late.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

No, I had SMAX, but it got scratched to death, I have a new disk, but my install of SMAC was copied from my old install, and I no llonger have the SMAC disk, so cannot install the add on, without the registry files saying I have SMAC I need a new SMAC too.
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

i thought you could still get it in europe? doesn't softwarefirst still have it? if not, ebay is a good bet. regular stores however, i had a hard time finding it 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                              No, I had SMAX, but it got scratched to death, I have a new disk, but my install of SMAC was copied from my old install, and I no llonger have the SMAC disk, so cannot install the add on, without the registry files saying I have SMAC I need a new SMAC too.
                              Since you actually own the game, I suppose I might be able to arrange a registry hack for you to add all the registry files in.....

Failing that, an .iso of the Planetary Pack.
                              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Working...
                              X