No announcement yet.

SMAC/SMAX Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you if you can with the registry, however IIRC the Planetary Pack will be too big to download on a 56k The regisrty will be great, and I will try to find a copy of SMAC, and then I could participate, it depends when the DG starts. I might have to come late again
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well, the problem might be in that I have the Planetary Pack and the XP/2000 Update, so my registry might not be what you need, however I could potentially identify which sections of the registry would need to be copied by someone for you.
      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

I think it might be better if I can just find another copy of it. Thanks, but I'll need one at some point, so I might as well search for it.
        Smile

Comment

1 - Yes
          2 - Yes
          3 - SMAC
          4 - Yes
          5 - Yes
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

1.Y
            2.N
            3.SMAC
            4.Y
            5.Y
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Tuppence worth

Yes
              Yes
              SMAX
              Yes
              Yes
              (+1)

Comment

We should play Smax but with out the alien factions, that way we get all of the cool stuff, but no stupidity

Comment

right. the aliens really, really suck

Comment

One wonders if perhaps we should also force a seperation of some of the better players amongst the various teams. It'll hardly be a fun game for most if one team's just running roughshod over everyone.
                    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

anyways, if we do a PBEM game, i've made up the symbols for civgroups. they're 19x19 pixels, which i'm hoping is good enough (the standard size is 15x19)

Comment

When is this going to be started, shall we poll for the final adjustments? What factions will be used?
                        Smile

Comment

Well, I'd like to participate in this one, but seems like SMAX is winning. I don't own the expansion pack, so I wouldn't be able to join.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

You can still join. MWIA has played this game without being able to access the save files IIRC. I do not have SMAX either, but will probably have some involvement still.
                            Smile

Comment

1-Y
                              2-Y
                              3-SMAX
                              4-Y
                              5-Y

By the by, for those interested I believe some folks have had success downloading from underdogs(abandonware) altho' there are some special steps that needs to be followed IIRC. Seems I heard of success in a thread here at 'poly. If interested I would suggest looking at soem past threads here before downloading.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I can verify that it's available for download at Home of the Underdogs. Go here: http://www.the-underdogs.org/, search for games by Firaxis, and you'll find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X