Official: Xanadu Boreholes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Xanadu Boreholes

it has come to my attention that my inaction will lead to the destruction of a borehole near xanadu. that's because it was built without anyone's consent. however, this poll might be able to save it.

the red star is Xanadu. the green star is Cyclops. Blue squares boreholes which already exist or are soon to exist. Green already contains a (unconstitutional) borehole. Yellow would require lowering land.

I think i have the authority to make this poll as DIA, seeing as we have no aurillian governor ATM. also, drogue's poll about the consent of every governor is neither official, nor over, so i don't see that as a problem

you have 2 () days
    Green: Yes!
    29.17%
    Green: No!
    20.83%
    Yellow: Yes!
    25.00%
    Yellow: No!
    20.83%
    Write-In
    0.00%
    Xenobanana!
    4.17%

The poll is expired.

now, reasons.

Green: should be allowed to be built because it is a perfectly good place for a borehole. I am aware that it is inside akirian territory, but Xanadu has every right to that tile that Cyclops has.

Yellow: If this passes, i'll only order it built if green fails. sure, there's a condensor there ATM, but with nutrient satelites, we don't need the 4 nutrients. the 6 minerals and energy would benefit Xanadu more.

Comment

Note I volunteered for spare Gov position. Aurillion will do nicely, thank you.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Just don't destroy any of the legal boreholes without polling it, those of us skimming profits from Aurillian Industry would be most displeased if that were to occur

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
          Note I volunteered for spare Gov position. Aurillion will do nicely, thank you.
          welcome aboard, my good man. i believe you'll find the UN Pizza Deliverian governor office very comfortable indeed. You may want to have your staff search it thoroughly for bodies, however. Just ignore any large red buttons, especially in the 2nd drawer on the right of my desk, and anything incriminating you find can be mailed to me at

TKG
          Central Internal Affairs Complex
          74831 Atlantis Avenue
          UN Marine Institute, Aurillion Province
          T3R 3H8

just make sure you don't sell any of my robotic assembly plants to the Akirian government so they can turn the scrap metal into crowbars, eventually to be used to dismantle the poor defenceless Xanadu borehole

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
            the poor defenceless Xanadu borehole
            Save the boreholes!

Comment

Yes to both, I don't care which one wins (hell, I'd be happy if they were both built).

Comment

I'll let the yellow one through. But the Green one. Yes Xanadu has the same right, but so does Cyclops. Both should agree. I realise the poll is neither finished nor over, but it will be fcinished before this one, and there is a very strong show of feeling towards needing both. Furthermore, that borehole has not yet been destroyed, and will not be destroyed before this poll, to rebuild it, becomes obsolete, due to the constitutional timelimit. It will take one turnchat to order it's destruction, and therefore by the next it has passed the timelimit, and will need another poll. Therefore, this will need to be polled again nearer the time you want to build it. The yellow one, not being in Akiria, I have no ohbjection to. I don't want it, as pollution affects the whole Planet (let alone the whole faction) but I accept tha it is your right to put it there.

Do I take your admission of the unconstitutionalilty of the borehole to mean that you will not veto it's destruction?
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Also. As Governor, I am able to post an official poll similar to my unofficial one, that will also pass before the turnchat which the destruction will take place.

This is a fun competition
                  Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                    Furthermore, that borehole has not yet been destroyed, and will not be destroyed before this poll, to rebuild it, becomes obsolete, due to the constitutional timelimit. It will take one turnchat to order it's destruction, and therefore by the next it has passed the timelimit, and will need another poll. Therefore, this will need to be polled again nearer the time you want to build it.
                    nuh-uh! if it passes on this poll, it ceases to be unconstitutional.
                    Do I take your admission of the unconstitutionalilty of the borehole to mean that you will not veto it's destruction?
                    i haven't decided yet. but no, i probably won't, thought it depends on the outcome of this poll.

Comment

No to both. Green because it was built on disputed Akirian-Aurillian territory, and yellow because I don't want to lower terrain.

Post 2999.
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I Implore you to vote against the Green one. Vote for Yellow if you wish, but the Green one is in the base radius of Cyclops, an Akirian base. It is unconstitutional being there, and I think it is highly unfair to force it upon Akiria. Moreover, I intend to challange it's legitimacy in the courts, if needs be, as it was unconsitutional there.

Please, is it really that necessary. We have a borehole free region, and have had for the whole game, why spoil it so near the end. Os that borehole really necessary? there are 4 more around there, and how many does a base like Xanadu need?
                        Smile

Comment

A base can have 6 boreholes, but it's tricky to align properly... TKG wants Xan to have 6, so the trickyness gets taken out on Cyclops

Comment

Exactly It won't happen though. If I have to declare marshall law (didn't somebody already do that) then I will
                            Smile

Comment

The Secret Evil Aurillion Police could beat you in the martial law game, I'm afraid

Comment

Working...
                              X