This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
    How about "Creepy creature of darkness"?
    Originally posted by Drogue
    I like it... has a suitable 'ring' to it
    of course it does. that's how i got into kass' sig

Comment

How about "Creepy creature of darkness"?
      Perhaps the Japanese for "Creepy Darkness" would be more appropriate, considering the demographics of your victims guests.

edit:
      (failed attempt at posting Kanji removed)

Romaji, then:
      [warawara] (adv) bustling/shuffling/squirming/creepy crawly

doesn't sound quite right, how about:

[kowai] (adj) frightening/eerie

And there were quite a few options for darkness, any of these sound right?:

[kurayami] (n) darkness/the dark
      [makurayami] total darkness
      [yuumei] (n) semidarkness/deep and strange/hades/the present and the other world/dark and light

If you want creature in there... well, the best I could find creature wise was:
      [issaishujou] (n) all creatures
      [ningendoushi] mankind/the human creature/works of man/(P)

"Monster", on the other hand, had some fitting ones :
      [kaijuu] (n) monster/(P)
      [obake] (n) goblin/apparition/monster/ghost/(P)
      [yajuu] (n) beast/monster/wild animal/(P)
      [oonyuudou] (n) large, bald-headed monster/a giant
      [hitotsume] (n) one-eyed monster
      Last edited by Cedayon; January 27, 2003, 22:17.

Comment

"prey" is more like it

Comment

Cedayon, I've got Japanese fonts installed yet can only see gibberish. The kanji on E2, or animelyrics.com, for instance, show properly, so... I think you need to have support for input too. I have installied something like that, but copypasting kanji only produces question marks.

Edit- I'd be more then satisfied with the romaji for those words too though; romaji is how I know my anime songs by heart, anyway.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Cedayon, I've got Japanese fonts installed yet can only see gibberish. The kanji on E2, or animelyrics.com, for instance, show properly, so... I think you need to have support for input too. I have installied something like that, but copypasting kanji only produces question marks.
            It pasted properly into the reply text box when I was writing the post, but was converted into gibberish sometime after I hit "Submit Reply"

Anyway, I found a decent English-to-Romaji dictionary at

and edited in some words that could work.

My vote's for "kowai kaijuu", or maybe "kowai hitotsume" ... or do the adjectives not go before the noun?

Comment

"Kowai yajuu yuumei" would be my fav (the syntax will be all wrong, and I don't know if they have an of, or anything like)

What should the drink consist of? I suggest Muraroa, Freshwater Sea Wine, Xenobrew and plenty of Black Stuff, all served flaming style. In other words, it looks scary, it makes you glow, it comes from the deep somewhere, it aids in the breeding of two-headed cows and it has one hell of a kick
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Hm. Poly ate my post or something.

"Kaijuu no kowai to yuumei" (lit. "Monster of scariness and darkness") would be my choice, I think the syntax is right on that one. I'll have to ask an acquaintance first, but I think it goes like that.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                  it aids in the breeding of two-headed cows
                  well, in a way. it only funds it.

i mean, whatever are you talking about?

Comment

/me walks into the REc Common and seizes his usual bottle of Gaian imported Talisker, while ordering a few pints of New Caledonian.

"Many of this term's election seem pretty tied, dont you think..."

/me lits a U.N. Lucky Xenobacco
                    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

Heavens give me an old Black Stuff. Pretty high up here, nice view.
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

When they decide what to call it and the ingredients, I 'll have one.

Hey Pande: participating in the DG pbem? Some believe you want to, after 12 Feb, others are not so sure.?
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

No, I wont I may move -- I currently live Avenue Maurice Thorez, first french communist senator, and I'll move avenue Vladimir Illitch Lenin, you know the guy, quite a promotion -- and if I do, I'll lose my internet connection, so I wont be able to continue a PBEM during march aprile and probably june.

I was rather thinking of another challenge to Archaic. simply take the first save oif this DG 2101, play with it by ourselves and see who finishes with the more points. The thing is that it might make us play ahead.
                          "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                          "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

/me serves Herc his Black stuff *

Hm. "Zankoku na tenshi no these" is "Cruel Angel's Thesis", so we could conclude that "Zankoku na tenshi" is a "Cruel Angel" and "no these" is "'s Thesis."

Therefore, "Yuumei no kowai na kaijuu" would be "Scary monster of the darkness". I still haven't checked it with an expert yet, though.

Comment

Bump

Comment

you spammer!

Comment

Working...
                                X