No announcement yet.

The Empath Guild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it wouldn't be breaking the treaty. we have nothing to lose! he'll either say

"is that a thread, GeneralTacticus? i suggest you pronounce vendetta and be done with it, for i am intimidated!"

or

"By all means! We will gladly share with you our knowledge of $TECHNAME"

Comment

But if he doesn't give in, the threat was counterproductive, as he'll merely be pissed off and we'll gain nothing.

Comment

so? we don't lose anything either

Comment

We lose the possibility of other negotations for a little while (he won't want to talk), and we also lose some of his goodwill.

Comment

in my experience, the AI will normally give in in this situation.

but, you're the boss DoFA.

Comment

We don't even know he has anything we want yet. I'm open to persuasion on this issue, but I can't continue this debate just now.

Comment

we know he has something. if he was out of tech, he would have offered his world map instead of a tech. at the very least, we can get his maps

Comment

I thought he cut us off after he gave us that last tech, so we couldn't tell?
                  Last edited by GeneralTacticus; October 20, 2002, 07:12.

Comment

yes he cut us off for me that is always a sign that he hasnt got anything...we havent got or visa versa
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

hey, let a pro handle this

Morgan should be dealt with a friendly matter. Give him a few techs that will benefit him somewhat and trade for tech that will enhance us a great deal. AS soon as we get enough military power, we demonstrate our power to him and coerce him into giving us whatever the heck we want.
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                        We need to build a real military first, not just a police force and a few scouts.
                        TKG and I are thinking the same way, build a strong internal force first, THEN build a feasible antagonist attack force.

The police force will help keep our drones in line as well as our populace and the scouts will scan the horizons for new conquests...
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Do you not consider Drones to be part of the populace?

Comment

I consider the Drones to be a dysfunctional part of the populace that need to be reeducated and rehabilitated so that they can be more productive citizens.

If the Drone's riot, then they are destabilizing the society and therefore are NOT part of the populace.

Comment

Switch to Planned and ruin Morgan's economy.
                              "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                              "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

How would we ruin Morgan's? Why do want to?

Comment

Working...
                                X