No announcement yet.

The Merchant Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking more along the lines of overseas factions myself.

Comment

• If they're on other continents, why even worry? They can't attack us to begin with unless they transport troops by sea, and we won't likely ever need to attack them until we're at the stage of orbital insertions anyway. If we do get into war, the sea bases we'll likely have build after filling up the space in land will give us plenty of space for Chopper refueling.
      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

• Recycling Tanks will positively impact our economic prospects. I am currently worried that the winning build queue for TBIBTU in particular ignores how important 'tanks in that base will be for our continued rapid development. I wouldn't mind being convinced otherwise, but that would take some clear reasoning indeed!

Comment

• Formers will give us more extra resources than Rec Tanks. I'd like to be convinced otherwise. Until then, I won't support building Rec Tanks anywhere but in our secret project bases.
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Recycling Tanks add a "constant boost" to a base's production. Are you saying that is only important in a base which will develop only (for instance) mineral resources for the production of an SP? With Soil Enrichers and Condensers a ways off, and with some need to start using talents as soon as possible, that "workerless" production is pretty darn meaningful in general, I'd say.
            Further, am I ignorant here or don't they also help efficiency?

Comment

• They don't help efficiency. Formers can build forests instead of rec tanks. Those boosts are just as constant unless mind worms would come and destroy them. These also provide a mineral and energy bonus over the "regular" rolling&moist tile. So if I have to make a choice between the two...
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• But we don't commit workers to rec tanks. I still really feel it is worth it to build them at every base.
                Thanks for the correction on efficiency.

Comment

• what would you rather commit workers to? mines/condensors can be crawled, so the only thing left to work is boreholes and forests (unless we have a farm tile or two)

rec tanks are good to have, but not before formers.

Comment

• Originally posted by TKG
                    what would you rather commit workers to?

rec tanks are good to have, but not before formers.
                    I'd rather allocate that population to talents as soon as it becomes practical. I'm even all for having 1.5 formers per base before building the 'tanks, but I believe we are just about there at TBIBTU anyway. We want every boost we can manage coming on line in optimum order, absolutely.

Comment

• i don't think that'll be necessary. size 4 bases with go GA if we get the HGP (i think) but right now, we need to commit all our workers to, uh working

later once we're in free market ( 20% psych will make more than enough talents to get our bases in GA even with the -5 police.

Comment

• With base facilities such as the 'tanks, Children's Creches and (later) Hybrid Forests, etc. we can avoid having to go FM, maybe even still bag a few golden ages. Never neglecting basic population growth and security, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by lucky22
                          we can avoid having to go FM, maybe even still bag a few golden ages
                          having to go FM? no no, fm is great for research, especially with the facilities you mentioned. then adding GA's make it even better because you can pop boom without having to switch to planned and the inefficiency that it entails.

Comment

• one thing i don't get is why a planned economy is inefficient in compirison to a Free Market? shouldn't be vice versa? I consider Free Market inefficient from what i see in the real world.

-Mellian

Comment

• one thing i don't get is why a planned economy is inefficient in compirison to a Free Market? shouldn't be vice versa? I consider Free Market inefficient from what i see in the real world.
                              Planned is inefficient because it seems to have been based on the old Soviet model, and we all know their reputation for efficiency.

Comment

• It was their Totalitarian form of government that was causing the inefficiency, not the planned economy. darn those firaxians :doitnow:

-Mellian

Comment

Working...
                                X