This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• i agree.

Comment

• "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
        "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

• Wealth is not job and goods and services its only money money money and money.
          Wealth is economic and industrial development, goods, services and money, all represented by Energy Credits and faster builds.

The proletariat only wish to be able to benefit of its own work, instead of putting it on rent for someone else's profit.
          No, IOW, everyone wants to produce everything they need for themselves? That would require everyone to be furniture maker, tailor, cook, farmer, miner, etc. etc. all at once, all day long.

The morale penalty is not about patriotism, its about the moral decay.
          I never said it was about patriotism, I said it was about the soldiers being less well trained and not wanting t fight as much.

If you have creches, theres no moral decay. Dont tell me creches make conscripts more patriotic and thus cancel the moral penalty.
          It is indeed a possibility, it can happen when you dont have creches .
          Creches cancel the Morale penalty because:

with children present, parents will defend their homes to the death.
          Nothing to do with them somehow countering moral decay.

Comment

• Re: Main_Brain...

I think he means that we've mapped the Human Genome and as such have built the HGP, but I have no idea how that pertains to this topic.

Comment

• So far I understood it too, but otherwise...
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• I have spotted no extra talents in Warsaw...

Comment

• Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

No, IOW, everyone wants to produce everything they need for themselves? That would require everyone to be furniture maker, tailor, cook, farmer, miner, etc. etc. all at once, all day long.
                  The idea is equal distribution of the "fruits of labor". That is, labor should not produce more surplus value than it is permitted access to. Obviously the details are still complex but the notion does not require primitive/tribalistic communalism.

Comment

• So, a clerk who sorts paperclips six hours a day should get the same pat as a miner who works in hazardous conditions twelve hours a day? That doesn't sound right.

Comment

• A perfect example of "complex details". The miner is no doubt producing more surplus value per hour he labors. His occupational status should be greater. That status in fact may well not be greater, of course.
                      Then comes the obligatory lefty statement that neither person should be denied enough access to resources to feed himself and his family, pay for medical care, pay for shelter and pay for education for his family. Here in the states, all of the above is often more of an issue for miners than for copy boys.

Comment

• I never said it wasn't. However, do you consider 'surplus value per hour' to be relative or absolute? Should ore be considered to be worth less because there is a lot of it?

Comment

• Indeed we did Finsih the Human Genome in RealLife (mostly) so I went up on the Streets looking for People who went Happy..
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                            I never said it wasn't. However, do you consider 'surplus value per hour' to be relative or absolute? Should ore be considered to be worth less because there is a lot of it?
                            "Surplus value" relates to both the cost of labor and the price of the ore. Once a miner extracts enough to pay the cost of his labor, anything he makes for the company is surplus value. The relative scarcity of the ore could affect how quickly he pays for himself in a shift, but the principle remains the same. This happens to be the basic definition of surplus value Marx uses in Capital .

Comment

• Originally posted by Main_Brain
                              Indeed we did Finsih the Human Genome in RealLife (mostly) so I went up on the Streets looking for People who went Happy..
                              My life hasn't been this ecstatic since they put up the Hanging Gardens.

Comment

• "Surplus value" relates to both the cost of labor and the price of the ore. Once a miner extracts enough to pay the cost of his labor, anything he makes for the company is surplus value. The relative scarcity of the ore could affect how quickly he pays for himself in a shift, but the principle remains the same. This happens to be the basic definition of surplus value Marx uses in Capital.
                                Okaaaaaaay... now what relevance does that have to what we were discussing? For that matter, what were we discussing?

Comment

Working...
                                X