X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• A) Do CCCP members have any opinion on the merger under consideration between the EDP and the P4- an action that would remove the EDP (and a few very capable people) from the CDC?

B) How many of us are still voting participants now that the game is underway here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic
        Originally posted by Pandemoniak
        Originally posted by DeathByTheSword

sorry, couldn't resist

i'll leave now

Comment

• A) Yes
          B) I dunno I dont control them you have to ask Tass, he has his spy's everywhere
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• It´s time to give life to an Marxian idea: The thing with the two phases. Let´s say the planetfall was something like an revolution. The old society doesnt live anymore, a new equitably industrialisation can be started. The wealth produced by society can be distributed in a fair way. But before all wealth can be shared it must be produced and kept safe, cause you can´t fill needs with nothing.
            For this initial process the First Phase is made. In it the society is allowed to impose restrictions on their members, but only in democratic way. Democracy should be a science aim and not be taken with by the way.
            We now got with our constitution a very high democratic level.
            In the First Phase Free Market and Planned Economy are allowed, cause they create wealth more quickly than the other economic systems.
            I personal tend towards Planned Economy.
            And because this is a dangerous world with possibly unfriendly other factions and lifeforms a little army should be set up to save our democracy.

But one time a moment will come in which a quantity level of wealth is reached that enables living in a new Quality. There is no more need for an hierarchic, freedom restricting planned economy or an unequitable distribution of energy. The productivity mustnt be adjusted in that measure any more and can be used to fulfill the basic needs of the masses.
            What a basic need is and what not is defined by the productive possibilities of the society.

The Second Phase has started.
            In it there should be admitted as much freedom as possible to the individuum. As many fdacilities as possible will be built and the cities will be kept in Golden Ages.
            Ideal for this stadium are Simple Economy and Green Economy.
            I´m preffering Simple cause in it means of production are connected directly with the producer.
            But also Green is a good choice, but I´m not sure about it, cause Green is such a neutral value. Also a system of slavery can have green priorities. Before choosing it we should come to an Agreement what exactly Green Economy means.

In the Second Phase a overdimensioned army exists only because of the leading talents' obsession of power. It isn't made for securing the reached but for bringing more slaves under the power of these despots.

And the aditional wealth we would get by keeping the First Phases' economy systems isn´t worth the freedom which would be blocked by these systems.

May the Second Phase come as soon as possible, my comrades.
            I know Siegfried's Sohn.

Comment

• GREAT speech i must say great speech :cheeringsmile:
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• Thanks . It´s a topic of one of my exams
                I know Siegfried's Sohn.

Comment

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by Schinkenjoe
                  In the First Phase Free Market...are allowed...[QUOTE]

sorry to cut in, but not in the CCCP it's not

Comment

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by TKG
                    [QUOTE] Originally posted by Schinkenjoe
                    In the First Phase Free Market...are allowed...

sorry to cut in, but not in the CCCP it's not
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• I don´t like FM either, although it gives "turn advantage" It is a bad economy ( in the sense of freedom, not in the game ), but i also think the planned isn´t much better.

I also don´t want to prescribe the others , which wconomy they must take in which phase, ( Lucky said, he would think about FM in early game. )

But it would be nice if they take over the Two Phases - System, because so we have a good standing point aginst your "turn advantage" arguments.
                      I know Siegfried's Sohn.

Comment

• Hello, I'm new to the game, and would like to post my intentions of joining the CCCP in order to fulfill my quest of crushing the capitalist pigs.

P.S. If I've posted in the wrong place, please inform me and don't laugh too hard
                        Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
                        Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
                        The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                          but it's true isn't it?

EDIT: since i'm posting here anyways, yes core, this is the right place

Comment

• Espicially in the Starting Phase FM can screw u up pretty much
                            'Yeah i made enuff money to buy 2 Formers
                            uhh well on the Downside I lost 3 Formers to Mindwors already and several Improvements to Pops'
                            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• i don't want to get into it again but you don't have pops that soon, and you don't get a PSI defence penalty or have a more frequent occurence of worms in market.

in fact, free market does seem to be a better choice in the early game, although i stick with planned for now. i'm playing morgan right now so i have to run market (or green which i'm considering) so that's the only thing that caused me to rethink my opinion here.

i ask, have you ever tried free market in SP, or do you just think you know what it's like? personally, i wouldn't ever use it until i tried it once, and was so pleased with the research rate, i never went back.

if you think i should erradicate this post since it disrupts your thread that's fine, but i just had to respond to that, mainbrain.

PS: core, the only capitalist pigs here are the capital party, and they're pretty inactive. so you have nothing to worry about

Comment

• I see then that Chiron is populated mostly by intelligent people. In that case, I plan to spend my time here doing everything within my power to improve living and working in this world, in my opinion, through the equalisation of all citizens, et cetera.,
                                Comrade Corellion, Secretary of Science and Social Engineering for the Human Hive in the Alpha Centauri Police State Game (ACPSG).
                                Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
                                The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Comment

Working...
                                X