Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next ACDG: Choppers and the Cloudbase Academy

A follow-up poll from here.

The suggestion to reduce chopper movement points by two has been accepted by three quarters of the voters. Now that has been accepted, I'm wondering if there would also be a majority for a follow-up proposal to reduce chopper movement by one more MP, by three in total in other words.

This would result, pre-fusion power, in non-SAM choppers with 7 movement points (still very powerful in close combat and to attack bases on medium distance) and SAM choppers with 5 movement points (sufficient to move two squares out of a base, perform an attack, and move back into the base).

As a reminder, after the latest poll the current situation is 8 MPs for non-SAM fission choppers, and 6 for SAM fission choppers.

Please vote for either "Stick to reducing by two", "Reduce by three" or "Xenochoppana" on this proposal.

o0o

A second proposal is whether we should change the prerequisite tech for being able to build the Cloudbase Academy to some higher level tech. Currently it's Mind/Machine Interface. Please vote for "Yes", "No" or "Xenocloudana".

o0o

The third question is linked to the second: "If the proposal to change the prerequisite of the Cloudbase Academy is accepted, what tech would you prefer as new prerequisite?" Two suggested options are Advanced Spaceflight and N-Space Compression, so these are included in the poll, together with a Write-in (in case you'd have another suggestion) and Xenobanana option. I made this a seperate question, so people who would prefer not to change the prerequisite can still decide what tech the CBA moves to in case if they'd be in the minority in the second question.

o0o

This is a multichoice poll. Please vote only once for each question. Three votes in total in other words. The time limit is seven days.

o0o

My personal vote for the MMI prerequisite: I voted for N-Space Compression, as Advanced Spaceflight already has many goodies (Shard, Orbital Power Transmitter, Refinery). Also to research N-Space Compression you need MMI, the current prerequisite for the CBA., while Adv Spaceflight is a rather different research path.
    1) Chopper MPs: stick to reducing by two
    12.50%
    1) Chopper MPs: reduce by three
    12.50%
    1) Xenochoppana!
    7.95%
    2) Change CBA prerequisite? Yes!
    18.18%
    2) Change CBA prerequisite? No!
    7.95%
    2) Xenocloudana!
    5.68%
    3) Advanced Spaceflight
    14.77%
    3) N-Space Compression
    9.09%
    3) Write-in
    3.41%
    3) Xenobanana!
    7.95%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

I have actually had the priveledge of watching helicopter gunships practicing engagements when I was involved in the evaluation of the Sgt York Air Defense System. The helicopters were, supremely speaking, a counterengagement tool as well as taking advantage of the enemies mistakes. As an intiative grabbing tool they suffered from their lack of armour as well as their lack of being able to occupy possessed lands. I would therefore say that helicopters should be limited to 6 tiles/ turn (4 tiles for defender choppers).

D

Comment

As prerequisite I would like to suggest Orbital Spaceflight, in memory of the negative poll for including new techs.

It is on the same level as MMI, and forces the player to choose for a radically different path. If the CBA is brought to N-Space, already half the prerequisites for this tech are researched.

I'll vote later, need to think more about 2 or 3 reducements for the choppers.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

reduce by 2, change to advanced spaceflight, and all three bananas.

Comment

Move to AdvSpaceflight (different tech path), reduce by three and one xenobanana.
          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Darsen: Good point, thats why in my MOD the Living Refinery goes to Organic Super Lub (sounds apropriate dosent it) Then Advanced Space Flight only has 1 Project under it rather then 2.
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Voted

Pretty much the same as Obstructor.

Us Morgans got to stick together
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

No rules changes I want to play SMAC/X

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I voted that too Jamski, but it seems the majority would rather change. Therefore I voted for the least change possible...
                  Play hangman.

Comment

Voted to reduce by 3 movement points

(like Alinestra Covelia has, I've tried long and hard to get the choppers attack vs units in base to have a 50% penalty - or base defenders against choppers to have a 50% bonus, but just haven't been able to find the right combinations of triggers in alphax.txt to do this. Allie has ended up disabling choppers completely in her games- Obviously that wouldn't fly here (pun intended ) - so next best is reduce movement points by 3

Voted for N-space compression

G.

Comment

Further reduction to -3MP, change the pre-req to N-Space Compression. That comes later, and choppers are just too powerful. We've seen that in the current game, where almost all of the University was choppered away in a single turn.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

That's how the game works. Choppers ARE the überweapon.

Ah well... I suppose it's a democracy game, and we have to accept the will of the majority.

I thought we agreed to play SMAC/X though.

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                          That's how the game works. Choppers ARE the überweapon.

Ah well... I suppose it's a democracy game, and we have to accept the will of the majority.

I thought we agreed to play SMAC/X though.

-Jam
                          Look at it this way:

The game should last longer this way, weren't you the guy who was on the campaign to save the ACDC because it was going to end too soon?
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I voted for stick to two, no change for CBA just because I do not know what impact that will bring us. And I do not see an option for people who voted for no change for CBA so I voted banana.
                            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                              And I do not see an option for people who voted for no change for CBA so I voted banana.
                              2) Change CBA prerequisite? No!
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                              X