Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally, the "Format of the next ACDG" poll (read carefully)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, the "Format of the next ACDG" poll (read carefully)

Ok, there are a number of proposals knocking about.
    • One human team, against 6 AI factions.
    • One human team, against single players controlling the AI factions.
    • One human team, against once single GM controlling the AI factions.
    • Three human teams, against 4 AI factions.
    • Three human teams, against single players controlling the AI factions.
    • Four human teams, against 3 AI factions.
    • Four human teams, against single players controlling the AI factions.
    • Five human teams, against 3 AI factions.
    • Five human teams, against single players controlling the AI factions.
    • Play with SMAC core rules
    • Play with SMAX core rules
    • Play with improved/assisted AI factions (small tweaks)
    • Play with heavily modified alpha.txt

THIS IS A MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL.

Vote for all of the options you would be interested in playing, and leave the ones you don't like empty.

This isn't "official" but it will show opinions.

-Jam
    1 human team vs AI factions
    4.39%
    1 human team vs SP factions
    7.80%
    1 human team vs GM directed factions
    2.93%
    3 human teams vs AI factions
    9.27%
    3 human teams vs SP factions
    6.83%
    4 human teams vs AI factions
    8.78%
    4 human teams vs SP factions
    5.85%
    5 human teams vs AI factions
    6.34%
    5 human teams vs SP factions
    5.85%
    Core SMAC rules
    6.83%
    Core SMAX rules
    13.66%
    Modified AI to be slightly better
    13.66%
    Heavily modded alpha.txt
    5.37%
    Other idea (please post)
    2.44%
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

posted:

1 human and 6 sp (if possible else AI)
    3 human and 4 sp (if possible else AI)
    enchanced AI (dont care how)
    Rules i dont give much for other people have something to say about that but not me
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

1 team vs AI
      1 team vs SP factions
      3 teams vs AI
      enhanced AI
      I would prefer standard rules or as close to as possible.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I went myself for

1, 3, 4 and 5 teams vs the AI

SMAC and SMAX

Improved AI.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

1 team vs AI only
          SMAC or SMAX, modded rules or improved AI or both.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Who posted "other" without specifying an "other" option?

-Jam

Comment

it`s the ghost of apolyton
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

1 Human Faction vs 6 Single Players

Possibly more Human Factions but keep AI's to a minimum.

SMACX (our earlier poll showed a vasty majority have it and thouse who dont can likly be assisted in getting it)

Heavily Modified Alpha - much of the changes in my Mod (still under construction) would help with balance. If the Tec slowdown effects are droped then the games speed wont suffer. These changes will ofcorse need to be polled individualy, I am asuming that a Yes on this is "favorable view of the whole idea" without any specifics yet named.
                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

hmm, i see that ppl favour SMAX...
                  Of course, I would *cough* NEVER *cough* suggest that someone sets up an FTP or something to DL the expansion pack for ppl that don´t have it, like me

btw. I voted:

- 1 team vs 6 single
                  - 3 team vs 4 single
                  - "other" for the type of game where a gamemaster does all the turns for various human factions & adds stuff like special events & additional options using sceanrio editor. If we can find someone who´s willing to do that
                  Last edited by Satyagraha; April 1, 2004, 11:27.

Comment

I voted 1 team vs 6 single player and 3 teams vs 4 single player. I also voted for SMAX. My thought is that after the human faction chooses the faction it wants to play, the single players then can choose the factions that they want. They would be required to act out the characteristics of the chosen faction. Human team vs single players instead of AIs may enable some richer interactions and roleplays.
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Not all together suprising.... SMAX, with either one versus SP factions, or 3 vs AI.. kind of odd... anyways, I was suprised not nearly as many people as I thought want to be submited to Googlie's whims!I don't really care that much, although I think a GM would be very interesting with an improved AI... And I still say the human faction should be the Gaians!

Comment

This may end up a tricky decision of votes continue as they are. Currently the most popular choice for teams/AI setup is supported by only 11 of the 19 voters. Does that mean that the other 8 would not play? There's hardly going to be very many in the team, given the usual activity drop-off.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

The main drop off is going to come around the end of March... I would asume... those with school connections, such as myself, will loose access....Probably after this poll cut it down to the top two or three, and do one choice only, to see which the non-voters would like.. in case someone misread... there are only two voters without SMAX apparently though..

Comment

Voted 1 team versus SP factions, 3 teams versus 4 AI factions (if at least most are progenitor), core SMAX rules, slightly enhanced AI and other suggestion.

Other suggestion(s): 1 team versus 5 AI's and 1 SP who helps the AI's somewhat and does not go for a victory.
                            Perhaps change the CBA to another tech (orbital spaceflight?).
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I plan on, after this, creating an official poll with the two top options.
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                              X