No announcement yet.

What is the status of the game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It IS dead. Why are you so anxious to keep it going?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Because I love this game.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
        It IS dead. Why are you so anxious to keep it going?

-Jam
        Ever the pessimist Jamski. If the CyCon knew what the Hive knows they’d be aware that the game is far from over.
        You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

When are the two turns since Jam leaving the Hive over?
          He may as well join the CyCon now.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Comrade HongHu-

I can personally say as a member of Apolyton (and not the Hive) that I personally love the interaction between all of us and don't harbor any grudge, ill-will, or vendetta against anyone else.

As for my personal view....well, lets just say that the game isn't over yet so I don't want to give away anything.

But I really do like how ppl are recapping what has happened on Chiron so far from their own factions point of view. The diplomatic maneuvering is really quite amazing and I am also interested in the interpersonal relationships that have grown between factions.
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

When are the two turns since Jam leaving the Hive over?
              He may as well join the CyCon now.

PLEASE, I need to see what's happening in the game...

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

HongHu - I reflect what Franky already said, that your post was well-stated. However it seems it is too late. Many members of CPU have lost hope. If we had got such a conciliatory message from the Hive in recent turns we would all still be going, but many of us have effectively given up on reaching a meaningful relationship with the Hive as we once had. Let me describe below our frustrations.

Whatever you mean Voltaire, I seriously doubt that the game will continue from CPU's side. To steal the saying HongHu has already used, the quick conquest of most of the Uni and the fact that it became apparent to us that the Hive was not going to apologise and sign a treaty were the straws that broke the camel's back. The impression I get is that very few CPU members feel it is worth continuing when it is clear that the two other large factions are effectively united against the CPU, where we still maintain we never had aggressive intentions towards anyone with PEACE no longer able to threaten us.

To address some of your comments HongHu, there was considerable frustration on CyCon's side that the Hive did not want any techs (although we understood why). HOWEVER, there certainly were discussions about deals involving units that no-one objected to, in fact we too were eager to get a trade. When nothing eventuated from this I at least assumed that communications had broken down, and I remember too that we assumed you guys weren't interested or were just too self-involved for a time when there was no concrete responses from your side. I am still very puzzled why so many good starts in deals with the Hive just seemed to either be delayed too long or just fizzle out when nothing was heard in return.

As for the PM you mention that was YOUR final straw, I have no idea about that. I can't claim that I know all the CPU's workings, but I was active enough to know that no PM that was sent to the Hive in any official capacity was anything less than conciliatory, seeking a solution rather than threatening.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

If CyConians don't think they'll win....why doesn't CyCon capitulate and end this game quickly?
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I certainly don't claim to speak for all CPU, and there may be many who want to continue. I am just remarking on posts in our forum and the level of activity, something you too can see, Tass.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Tass, could you make an official ruling on allowing Jamski into CyCon. He won the recent poll overwhelmingly...
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Skanky, if Tass makes a positive ruling in Jamski's favour, a poll is still needed in our forum. Do you in that case care to make one?
                        He who knows others is wise.
                        He who knows himself is enlightened.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Consider it done.

Comment

Thanks guys

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                              As for the PM you mention that was YOUR final straw, I have no idea about that. I can't claim that I know all the CPU's workings, but I was active enough to know that no PM that was sent to the Hive in any official capacity was anything less than conciliatory, seeking a solution rather than threatening.
                              I know. The CyCon officials have gracefully provided me with the background of that PM and I now understand what has happened. All that I can say is that it is indeed a very unfortunete incident but I believe all people involved have had the best intentions.
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                                I know. The CyCon officials have gracefully provided me with the background of that PM and I now understand what has happened. All that I can say is that it is indeed a very unfortunete incident but I believe all people involved have had the best intentions.
                                Having myself read over the report by the CyCon official on the incident in question which soured Hive-CyCon relations it does indeed seem to be almost a comedy of errors.
                                You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Working...
                                X