No announcement yet.

Confirmed Civs and leaders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large sections of this site have been devoted to "Should X Civ be in Civ Y?" type threads ....

Comment

I want Mao
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

he left a long time ago; some say he drowned in a pool of spam.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

No, he wants an annoying silent card game. I'm not sure how you'd incorporate features of that into Civ.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I also want Atilla the Hun.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Byzantium, more than a thousand years--about as long as the Roman Empire and Republic put together. But you knew I would say that. Russia, in one form or another, also more than a thousand years old, younger if you exclude Kievan Rus. The Ottomans lasted more than five hundred. Muslim Arabs, about as long, maybe slightly longer if you let your focus drift to Spain after 1250. With Persia, it depends on if you consider the three very different pre-Islamic dynasties separately or lump them all together (and possibly throw in the Safavids just to confuse the issue).

OTOH, Greece definitely deserves inclusion, and their lifespan as an empire (not a bunch of city-states poking each other with spears every summer to resolve two-inch border differences) was rather brief. Athens had a nice one going for less than a century, and then Alexander built a half-Greek civilization that decayed until Rome ate it. They just had an enormous cultural legacy. And as for us? Not even three hundred yet.
              I suppose it depends on how you define "us". Ir can be argued that America is just an extension of British culture. I always turned "America" into something else in the game.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                India with Gandhi.
                Of course, the real question is, will he still have The Button?
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Another question will be if they continue to bow down to the PC gods and not have Hitler as a leader.

Stalin, Attilla and all the other monsters, but no Hitler. Just plain silly.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wouldn't it be against the law in Germany to include Hitler?
                    Any German posters here?
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yes i believe that's the case. i remember germans complaining that adding hitler to a mod would make it illegal to have in germany.
                      Last edited by C0ckney; June 10, 2016, 09:04.
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I am pretty sure hearts of iron 4 is available in Germany ?
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

The thing is you have to feel somewhat nice when playing your country. I wouldn't feel happy playing papadopoulos (lesser known dictator) and who would really feel happy playing hitler?

attila happened so long ago noone really cares anymore.
                          Coming to think about it I find it peculiar why there is no Israel in Civ, they only "discovered" one of the most influencial cosmotheories ever and if we want to talk about longlivity well... it is there

Comment

as a side note in civ 5 alexander spoke with the ancient pronunciation and theodora with the contemporary one. attention to detail. I always tried to be nice to the greeks when playing byzantium and alexander always wanted war. very uppity

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                              The thing is you have to feel somewhat nice when playing your country. I wouldn't feel happy playing papadopoulos (lesser known dictator) and who would really feel happy playing hitler?
                              Mao... would rather play Qin Shi Huang because he was industrious in Civ IV
                              Stalin... I used to play Catherine until they nerfed her... But since they did, I have no problem playing Stalin in Civ IV
                              Kahns... I've played both Kahns when I'm interested in Keshik rushes

There are many examples of nasty leaders that have been included in the past, and I've played all of them... just some more than others based on their traits and civ.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                                I am pretty sure hearts of iron 4 is available in Germany ?
                                well, i'm not sure, but i do remember some germans saying it was illegal to have nazi representations in games. perhaps one of our germantubbies could clarify.

Comment

Working...
                                X