Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster's Uncle
    replied
    Those are strong personalities history still knows something about and would be good choices...

Leave a comment:

• Dinner
    replied
    Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
    i hope the english don't end up with churchill or elizabeth I again, but i expect they will.
    William the Conquerer? Edward the Longshanks?

Leave a comment:

• Buster's Uncle
    replied
    About half the 43 are bull, IMAO, but a worthwhile read, and interesting...
    43 Real-Life Female Leaders We’d Love to See Included in Civilization VI

Leave a comment:

• Lorizael
    replied
    In the E3 demo video, Ed Beach says 18 civs at start, including some we've never seen before.

Leave a comment:

• Lorizael
    replied
    Disagree. I'd give Hitler Protective (he just wanted Germany to have some breathing room) and Creative (he was an artist). Oops, that's Gilgamesh.

Leave a comment:

• Elok
    replied
    In Civ4, he would have been charismatic and aggressive or imperialistic. Already taken by Genghis and Cyrus IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Yes you could. Every great leader (good or evil) has useful traits, or they wouldn't have been a great leader

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    You could also make a case for Scientific.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Hitler - Charismatic and Industrious or Militaristic. Sure he applied those things to horrible and self destructive ends ... but he did inspire a people to build up a lot of infrastructure and military might.

Leave a comment:

• pchang
    replied
    I'm not sure what traits would make Hitler advantageous. As far as I know, he actually hindered German success by insisting on crappy strategies.

Leave a comment:

• Elok
    replied
    Mao and Stalin have both been awkwardly accepted and/or rehabilitated by their respective countries. Hitler, fairly or not, is still far more of an unambiguous embodiment of evil than the (roughly as murderous) Stalin.

Leave a comment:

• C0ckney
    replied
    Originally posted by dannubis View Post
    I am pretty sure hearts of iron 4 is available in Germany ?
    well, i'm not sure, but i do remember some germans saying it was illegal to have nazi representations in games. perhaps one of our germantubbies could clarify.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
    The thing is you have to feel somewhat nice when playing your country. I wouldn't feel happy playing papadopoulos (lesser known dictator) and who would really feel happy playing hitler?
    Mao... would rather play Qin Shi Huang because he was industrious in Civ IV
    Stalin... I used to play Catherine until they nerfed her... But since they did, I have no problem playing Stalin in Civ IV
    Kahns... I've played both Kahns when I'm interested in Keshik rushes

There are many examples of nasty leaders that have been included in the past, and I've played all of them... just some more than others based on their traits and civ.

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    as a side note in civ 5 alexander spoke with the ancient pronunciation and theodora with the contemporary one. attention to detail. I always tried to be nice to the greeks when playing byzantium and alexander always wanted war. very uppity

Leave a comment:

• Bereta_Eder
    replied
    The thing is you have to feel somewhat nice when playing your country. I wouldn't feel happy playing papadopoulos (lesser known dictator) and who would really feel happy playing hitler?

attila happened so long ago noone really cares anymore.
    Coming to think about it I find it peculiar why there is no Israel in Civ, they only "discovered" one of the most influencial cosmotheories ever and if we want to talk about longlivity well... it is there

Leave a comment:

Working...
X