No announcement yet.

Civ V - Working The Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't get why they feel the need to fix all these things that aren't broken
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

They need a different game... we are talking civ FIVE. So they will make a lot of changes to make it different, and then correct for their mistakes in later patches and expansion packs. We've seen it before, and we will see it again. By the final patch and expansion pack, we should have a great game
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I guess it's like the cost of maintaining the road is deducted from the tile's output. That makes sense, I guess.

Comment

Having an ongoing maint. cost for roads would solve road spam in a very realistic way.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            Having an ongoing maint. cost for roads would solve road spam in a very realistic way.

Problem solved. Next.
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

No more stacking? Finally! They're going back to a more normal civ style. Even though you could stack units in 1/2, it was stupidity since 1 hit would kill the whole stack so the game didn't devolve into "Make 100 units and place on 1 tile and move said tile from point A to B." Will they bring back ZOC? That would also bring some strategy back into the game. Was so stupid the way you could just sit there in your base and stack up 100 units all game long then just walk right in.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                With the city radius expanded to 3 tiles, giving a penalty to non-resource/city hexs would bring the number of productive hexs back to a more familiar number.
                where did we find this out?
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I'm counting (and looking forward) to the return of ZOC.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's a good idea.

Comment

I must be in a small minority that likes both:

a) lots of roads (don't mind "road spaghetti" at all); and
                      b) manual control over worker units.

Blah.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Roads should cost a flat rate to maintain, and provide a percentage bonus. So if it costs 1 coin to maintain and gives a 50% bonus, then you're encouraged to build roads wherever there's 2 or more coins, but you're not just going to spam them out.

It's simple, it's consistent with reality, and it encourages a little thinking before laying roads down.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I'm counting (and looking forward) to the return of ZOC.
                          I always hated ZOC. I mean with just three units you could lock up a whole stack (stacks are out but you get my point) but even without stacks ZOC will probably make some land approaches unassaultable when in reality it might e costly but enemy lines could be attacked.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                            I always hated ZOC. I mean with just three units you could lock up a whole stack (stacks are out but you get my point) but even without stacks ZOC will probably make some land approaches unassaultable when in reality it might e costly but enemy lines could be attacked.
                            And is there some reason you can't just attack the ZOC unit?

Comment

In the board game Third Reich you could move past a ZOC if you left behind an equal # of units to counter it.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The main point wrt ZOC and some of the other discussion points for Ci V is that combat needs to be fixed. The old Sid aphorism that "Civ is not a wargame" is nonsense. If you want to win (big) you play as a warmonger. It's time to include wargamers rules for ZOC and supply as well as other issues!
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X