No announcement yet.

Will you buy a new computer for Civ5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did buy a new PC for Railroad Tycoon 3, but only after reading the reviews. Thankfully, I did not buy a new PC for SM Railroads, as it was a turkey. So, as much as I love Civ 4 and its add ons, I will wait for more information and reviews before making my decision as to when to buy the game and what kind of PC, if any. Civ 1 was great, Civ 2 and 3 were nice improvements, but nothing revolutionary, while Civ 4 was great out of the box, and you could tell that by just reading a review.
    Quality is Job 1.01

Comment

I decided it was time, and just got a new one. IT better be good enough.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

IF you bought a new computer now, it can't be too bad for the game. Or you got royally screwed somewhere.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

If you go to a superchain and buy a bargain machine for under 600 bucks it's possible that the graphics card may not be up to snuff.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, a machine at that price isn't meant for gaming anyway.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Unless you need a new PC for some other reason, it is best to wait. Why? First, new releases are notoriously late and each month you wait to buy, either lowers the price or gets you a better machine for the same price - Moore's law; further, as already stated here, the specs have not been published. Sure, Civ will probably not require a high end system, but go too cheap and it might not work, so why take a chance. And, I still remember from RT3 - that game did not work with Nvidia cards - it took a couple of months for the patch to appear, and although it did not affect me, it drove fans to distraction. Civ is a much more popular game than RT, so it will probably get proper testing, but ...
              Quality is Job 1.01

Comment

I have a new rig planned for late 2010/early 2011, Civ or no Civ. Will wait for some patches anyway.
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Working...
                X