CivII On X.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivII On X.2.2

Just so anybody wandering here knows: Under Classic environment and in X.2.2 CivII works great.

The only thing you need to do is set the Dock to hide iteself, otherwise you won't be able to access the full screen.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Noted
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I'm running 10.2 and the game's very jerky even after cranking up the memory. The screen actually wipes slowly as it moves around the map.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

What's your processor speed, what other programs are you running, and how much RAM do you have?

On a 500 MHz G4 (non-dual) it goes fine.

Same with SMAC and CtP...

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
          What's your processor speed, what other programs are you running, and how much RAM do you have?

On a 500 MHz G4 (non-dual) it goes fine.

Same with SMAC and CtP...
          700 MHz G4, 128MB. It's creaky even with nothing else running. It behaves as though it doesn't have enough memory allocated, but it does, because I cranked it up. It's a total mystery to me. It ran perfectly well on my old G3 with OS 9.2. For some reason, it won't run the same way in Classic.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

hmmm.... and you have all the latest patches to OS X and all that, right? This is getting stranger and stranger... Might want to post in the Mac forum itself to see if anybody else has had the same problems.

Comment

Latest patches to OS X? Not sure what you mean.

Comment

Well, what version of X.2 are you using? It's up to X.2.4 now... just use the software update in the system preferences.

Comment

Ah, okay. I'm using 10.2.4.

I actually backed up my existing Civ folder and reloaded Civ from the CD. Found the last Mac patch on the 'net - 1.1.1 - and downloaded it, but there's an error message when I try to update the reloaded Civ. I found the patch elsewhere and downloaded it again - in case the first one was faulty - and I still get the error message. Very strange.

Comment

How to patch civ 2 v.1.0 to version 1.1.1.

No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Ah ha!

How does it work now?

Comment

Thanks, Henrik, but it still doesn't work. I get the stupid error message.

I remember I didn't have the error message problem way back when I originally installed the patch.

Comment

Any new words, finbar?

Have you changed anything... it's odd that when you originally installed the patch it worked, but now doesn't...

Comment

Nothing's changed. I'm living with creaky Civ.

I didn't have a problem with the updater last time. The only possible difference between last time and this time is that, last time, it wouldn't have been the original version that I was updating. There had already been numerous patches released and that I'd installed. But that shouldn't make a difference, I'd've thought.

Comment

*nods* Still very strange... I wouldn't be surprised if the extra patches are needed or something... How big is just the CivII app? Maybe I could .sit it and send it your way? That way we'd see if it was something to do with your comp, or whatnot, since I know the file works well on mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X