Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming
    CYBERAmazon... (d_dudy and Henrik)
    If you take a look at the limited amount of activity in those forums compared to their PC counter parts... they are indeed the smaller table in the kitchen.
    there's fewer people in there because fewer people own macs.

So excuse me for laughing at a funny line
    i think we just expected a mod to be more respectful
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Originally posted by d_dudy there's :
      i think we just expected a mod to be more respectful
      HUH... I can't laugh at jokes

Lighten up...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Apples are grossly overpriced, they don't have a wide selection of applications, and they're ass-slow compared to today's PCs. For several times the price.

Apple users tend to be so brainwashed/ignorant that they think their "128-bit" G4 can waste every PC out there, when in reality it lacks a punch in just about everything but a select few Photoshop benchmarks (surprise surprise, these "supercomputers" do well in native applications). Apple's quick to post results in one or two photoshop filters where the G4 gets 30% faster results than a P3 600 or something stupid.

That, and it's pathetic how they're going for the "cutesy little iMac" market. Unfortunately for them, it works.
        leave it to asher to make the glorious threadjack. start a thread somewhere else if you want to prove the better platform, all computer threads don't have to be windows vs mac or compaq vs dell or whatever. give it a rest, use your points where they belong.

and ming, get a better sense of humor, it was a typical moronic glonky troll
        btw, mingster, you've posted 1.5 times every day since December 31 of 1969. And it seemed like only three years!

time flies

Comment

Actually, wiglaf, CyberAmazon asked me what I had against Macs. I responded. Blame your fellow Mac user, not me.

I'm sure you know the truth, anyway.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Actually, wiglaf, CyberAmazon asked me what I had against Macs. I responded. Blame your fellow Mac user, not me.

I'm sure you know the truth, anyway.
            which fellow Mac user?

Comment

Oh my god.

Thus the statement about the kiddie table.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by CYBERAmazon
                Asher, Ming, PH:

Care to explain why you have such problems with the Apple Macintosh? I would hope your forthcoming explanations will be in much more detail than the one-liners I've seen thus far in this thread.

Not about to be assimiliated by M$ ...

CYBERAmazon
                Yeah, I have a thorough explanation: They suck

What is the point in having a computer that you can barely get hold of any software for, you have to wait for months for, and are totally unupgradeable and are available in so few flavours.

I'll stick with my PC, thanks. Resistance is futile
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh my god.

Thus the statement about the kiddie table.
                  this is just pissing me off

Comment

It's just that I can't understand the logic behind buying a Mac nowadays.

The people who buy it are either:
                  • Too stupid to know that it's not actually a "supercomputer"
                  • Too stupid to know that there's much more to a computer than having a tie-died case
                  • Too stupid to know that they're being royally ripped off
                  • Too stupid to know when to jump the fence

It sounds like a big troll, but that's my honest interpretation. And sadly, it holds pretty true to life.

Don't give me that **** about Photoshop: Chances are you don't use it much, and when you do need to use it, it's simple things anyway. And modern PCs beat Macs in half of those benchmarks anyway.

Comment

In our ad agency... All the creative people have macs. They all swear by them. The rest of the agency has PC's... and the only people that aren't happy are the IT people
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's just that I can't understand the logic behind buying a Mac nowadays.

The people who buy it are either:
                    • Too stupid to know that it's not actually a "supercomputer"
                    • Too stupid to know that there's much more to a computer than having a tie-died case
                    • Too stupid to know that they're being royally ripped off
                    • Too stupid to know when to jump the fence

It sounds like a big troll, but that's my honest interpretation. And sadly, it holds pretty true to life.

Don't give me that **** about Photoshop: Chances are you don't use it much, and when you do need to use it, it's simple things anyway. And modern PCs beat Macs in half of those benchmarks anyway.
                    • the only troll is you insulting mac users! i like mac because the os is way better and because i'm not a conformist, not that all pc users are. i just had a choice and i chose this, i didn't just want a computer, i wanted the computer that was right for me

and i didn't say anything about photoshop, no one did. quit *****ing about it already

Comment

The OS is way better?
                      You can run a true BSD with about the same level of application compatability, with a lot more stability and speed.
                      OS X still isn't done right, look how much OS X.1 did in improvement.

But you're welcome to keep buying Apple.
                      I'd rather spend my saved money on games.
                      I suppose you don't have that option, so it's fine if you blow it all on your apple.

and i didn't say anything about photoshop, no one did. quit *****ing about it already
                      but it was going to.
                      Every...single...time I've debated with a Mac users they say "well it's better in Photoshop, what do you say about that huh?!?!?". It's annoying and misleading.

Comment

well, this should be here....
                        Last edited by MarkG; October 19, 2001, 03:08.
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Not the kiddie table! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comment

The only reason I won't consider the Mac (well, the #1 reason anyhow) is the limited availability on applications- namely, a lot of PC games that never get ported to Mac.

Maybe Mac is better, or at least equal to PCs. But I will never know because of the limited applications.

Comment

• Working...
                              X