Macintosh Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macintosh Forums

Honest question here - it just popped into my head.

What is so significantly different about the Mac versions of the Civ series to justify three extra forums...?
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Well, the Mac forums are like the "kiddie tables" where the real ones are for "grownups".
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Well, the Mac forums are like the "kiddie tables" where the real ones are for "grownups".
      ROTFLMAO

Good answer
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

these forums exist for two years and now you ask this question?

take a look in the threads there and you'll find the answer....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

They exist becouse tech support for macs isnt the same as tech support for PCs.
          Other than that the macers pretty much use the other forums.
          We also use the mac forums to interogate the civ 3 mac developers (for example we found out that the pc and mac version, unlike civ 2, wont be compatible in mp, if firaxis maintains the currently chosen path for multiplayer(using directconect))...
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

these forums exist for two years and now you ask this question?
            It wasn't a "I don't think they should be there" question... just a random thought that occured to me for no particular reason.
            Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
              ...for example we found out that the pc and mac version, unlike civ 2, wont be compatible in mp, if firaxis maintains the currently chosen path for multiplayer(using directconect))...
              This is terrible! Isn't there any sort of emulation for Direct-connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

ROTFLMAO

Good answer
                jerk, i like those forums
                Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Perhaps it is time the people in the mac forum got some proper computers
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

jerk, i like those forums
                    I agree, I just lost a lot of respect for a certain mod...
                    Last edited by Henrik; October 18, 2001, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba

This is terrible! Isn't there any sort of emulation for Direct-connection?
                      Apparently not
                      See the thread in the mac forums for more info

Comment

Oh boo hoo, go listen to Enya or something.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Asher, Ming, PH:

Care to explain why you have such problems with the Apple Macintosh? I would hope your forthcoming explanations will be in much more detail than the one-liners I've seen thus far in this thread.

Not about to be assimiliated by M$ ...

CYBERAmazon
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Apples are grossly overpriced, they don't have a wide selection of applications, and they're ass-slow compared to today's PCs. For several times the price.

Apple users tend to be so brainwashed/ignorant that they think their "128-bit" G4 can waste every PC out there, when in reality it lacks a punch in just about everything but a select few Photoshop benchmarks (surprise surprise, these "supercomputers" do well in native applications). Apple's quick to post results in one or two photoshop filters where the G4 gets 30% faster results than a P3 600 or something stupid.

That, and it's pathetic how they're going for the "cutesy little iMac" market. Unfortunately for them, it works.

Comment

CYBERAmazon... (d_dudy and Henrik)

I was laughing at a funny line... nothing more.
                              If you take a look at the limited amount of activity in those forums compared to their PC counter parts... they are indeed the smaller table in the kitchen.

In most cases with mass produced games, mac users get the sharper end of the stick... If I was a mac user (and I will never be because my wife comes from a main frame enviornment and bleeds IBM blue) I would have become frustrated years ago, and bought a PC just to play games on.

So excuse me for laughing at a funny line
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X