No announcement yet.

What is left for Civ V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to go to much into the future in CiV. Leave that for AC2.

I'd like to see in CIV5 stuff like a unit builder smac had.

Being able to transform the land ala smac.

A elevation system ala smac. I think it sucks that a tile is designated as a hill or a mountain or whatever. I loved smac's system.

A more detailed diplomacy system with A LOT more options.

A resource system that puts a numerical value on production & use. Say this particular tile with OIL on it produces 100 units oil/turn. It will cost 20 units of oil/turn to produce a tank. Just an example.

I'd like to see a system where you can build units (ala supply crawler in smac) where you can support your cities externally.

Return of Zone of Control. <- thats where units can block movement ala Civ2

thats it for now

*edit:

ANyone ever wonder if a Hexagon or a hectagon type of system would be cool for movement? Think about it.

Comment

* shivers *

I don't think I've seen so many bad suggestions is so few posts, I really hope most of you are kidding.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        * shivers *

I don't think I've seen so many bad suggestions is so few posts, I really hope most of you are kidding.
        I totally agree with you alva

Civ 4 should be Civ 4 not Cool Graphics for SMAC plus X element from Civ 2 plus totally eliminating X X and X which totally made Civ 3 retarded.
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Civ IV is already Civ IV. But Civ V will have lots of cool exploding dinosaur attacks and laser-powered mech robots fighting on the top of mount everest!
          mmmmm...cabbage

Comment

maybe a different growth model based on a neoclassical economic theory production function incorporating something like
            -physical capital
            -labour
            -land
            -human capital
            as production factors

just some more (arbitrary) ideas that come to mind:

taxes on all 4 factors, determining government budget.

government expenses only consist of military expenses (unit purchases) and, depending on government type, investments in physical and human capital stocks.

-labour could be determined by population and labour taxes, efficiency bonus for labour-productivity enhancing inventions

-land equals territory size, efficiency bonus for favourable climate and agricultural inventions

-physical capital is determined depending on government type, either
            -by the state (state property system) -> then physical capital is determined by players budget decisions. or
            -by private investments (free market) -> then physical capital is determined by national investment climate and, if borders open for capital investments (policy choice), then also global investment climate
            -third possibility: mixed government type, then physical capital stock is determined by a mixture of the above

same with human capital, if borders open for migration then relative national human capital investment climates determine emigration / immigration of human capital.

size of human capital stock determines tech progress. player has full influence on what should be researched only for human capital that comes from state property investments.

investments by the state involve waste

(national investment climate is determined by marginal factor producivity, taxes on capital, likelihood of capital depreciation through wars, civil unhappiness. global investment climate is sum of other countries national inv. climates)

(population growth rate is determinded by civil happiness. population stock is directly influenced by wars and migration)

(civil happiness evolves around normal value, influenced by short term changes of net income and short term changes of
            government type. effects wear off so happiness always steadlily but slowly returns to normal value)

some ideas, but i don't know myself if such a game would be much fun anymore
            Last edited by vStauffenberg; October 24, 2005, 02:31.

Comment

Flexible city radii! Put two cities close together, and the radii will meld in different directions (within reason). Now you can place your cities freely on the coast, or in defensive positions, without worrying about overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                Flexible city radii! Put two cities close together, and the radii will meld in different directions (within reason). Now you can place your cities freely on the coast, or in defensive positions, without worrying about overlap.
                Seconded. Of course, one thing I think is that city radii should be based on how far a unit can get from the city in two turns. I think it should increase in size with the placements of roads and railroads, as well as with the developments of means of carrying supplies faster (like on horseback and boats, then trucks, better boats, and helicopters). I also think it should decrease in size with less passable terrain like unroaded mountains.
                Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
                +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
                http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

I liked the unit building / equiping system in SMAC.
                  Say you have spears, archery, swords, and horses.
                  You could have 3 types of horsemen, or 3 type of foot units. Equip them with your best available armour (from leather... to kevlar even! ).
                  In the beginning, Earth was without form and void... then my life changed forever.

Comment

Strong unit/improvement/tech dependencies. Civ4 may have these, I haven't heard.

Examples: You can't build a tank in city without a factory. You can't research literacy until you've built at least one library. Etc.

Comment

1. have more civics options

2. Expanding city radii, as in CtP2

3. a terrain improvement system that is a hybrid between the traditional system and the CtP system. You would place improvements like in CtP, then your workers would go out and build them

4. have future technology and extend the game to at least 2150.

5. Be able to enslave settlers and a portion of the population of conquered cities, the slaves eat half the food of free city population, but decreases happiness (to mimic the risk of a slave revolt).

6. Allow NATO-type multilateral alliances

7. CtP-style stacked combat.

Comment

Working...
                      X