What is left for Civ V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is left for Civ V?

We already have quite good idea of what kind of game Civ IV is. They moved to 3D, improved diplomacy, introduced religions and so on. So, what is left there? What else can they implement that fundamentally can improve the game? I am not talking about "let's make this or that new unit". I am talking about the concepts. Is there anything left?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

they need to bring in a new live action hot foreign advisor chick!
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Probably going for a spherical world and losing the square tiles.

Comment

Do you mean the removal of the grid completely? Hmm, interesting... RTW is a good example that it can be done.

I do remember topics here about different type of grids and even sub-grids to make units move. This is another possibility.
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
        certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

True stacked combat.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
            True stacked combat.
            hold that thought. might be possible in this game.

Comment

I'd like to see spectator mode in multiplayer.

Comment

Splitting empires...
                «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

a more realistic simulation of the real world. this would require

- no more landtiles but cityspots with detailed modifiers and a realistic size on the worldmap. this means: take the map of the united states and mark 50 possible cityspots. these cityspots can have detailed information about the location and the modifiers. this spots dont require a grid/tilesystem as they are only pointinformations. the rest of northamerica would have more detailed informations about rivers, mountains and so on - but only for movementcost and strategical battle-informations
                  - more strategical influence of the landscape including the possibility to create ambush situtations in canyons and so on.
                  - more realistic simulation of negative aspects like of swamps and jungle in asia, deserts in africa and so on (plagues, thunderstorms, occasionally poor harvests and so on). a situation like in real world (lots of powerful nations in little europe) should be possible without creating to powerful zulus in afrika :P. worldmaps in civ1,2 and 3 only allowed 1 or 2 powerful nations in europe
                  - linear timescale with more rounds(not -4000 to 2050 but -2000 to 2010)
                  - better movement scaling and rate of units. without landtiles it should be like xx km/round or xxx km/round and something like 5 movement rounds after one building/management round - so you will be able to react to approaching armies without getting clobbered by thousands of micromanagement rounds.
                  - to compensate for improved unit movement building of units and population growth should take much longer in the beginning and be a lot quicker in the industial era)
                  Last edited by hanZ; October 24, 2005, 00:09.
                  There have been no new posts in the last 1396 days to your subscribed threads.

Comment

Future History (Like CTP!)
                    Multiple Maps (Like in ToT!)
                    Orbital Layer and Ocean Cities (Like CTP!)

So basically I want my game to stretch into the near Future, so I can colonize the Moon and Mars and have Space Colonies in nearish Earth Orbit! And Giant Robots! And lasers! And Space ships! Maybe even Alpha Centauri!

I want to exude my control over the entire Earth Sphere!

Also a larger ammount of Government Choices would be nice.

Also Bring Back Stalin!

Comment

Ork ! Ocean cities ! That's a nightmare I want to forget about Alpha CentaurI !
                      «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Civ V could do something better about borders so you can't passively steal land.

Comment

Originally posted by Niptium
                          Splitting empires...
                          Indeed.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yes! Civil wars and secessions! Also, I want to see minor civs in the game--civs that can't build settlers or do much research, say. And maybe with a little luck and effort, minor civs can become major civs.

Stacked combat sounds good, but not the CTP way. I want a better system than that. If only I knew what it was...
                            mmmmm...cabbage

Comment

CiV: FPS Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X