No announcement yet.

Should America be a Civ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until now, I've spent the last 3 years taking every shot I can at Bush.... But this is too cheap even for me.

Comment

hey, this is not the politics page. Find another site guys.

Comment

America is not a civilization. Who can imagine Americans in ancient time???

Comment

Of course the US shouldn't be one of the Civilizations. But nor should most of the other modern Civs, so leave them Yankees alone. It has always irritated me a little that any modern nation should figure in 4000BC - Americans, English, French, wahtever. I don't worry about it any more though in earlier versions I did rename these. It was amusing to see flashes like 'Halstatt armor captures Paris'.
          Last edited by xenophile58; January 19, 2006, 08:13.

Comment

To that one nations is m ore wotrhty that annother to be a civ is just stupid. Why cause no nation state has been important for 6000 years continuously appart from china and india but even they have been dominated by someone else. history is messy and full of exceptions.

Any nation that exists or has ever existed can be included but it would br preferable if they were influental in someway.

i would say keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by unamablebuiler
              To that one nations is m ore wotrhty that annother to be a civ is just stupid. Why cause no nation state has been important for 6000 years continuously appart from china and india but even they have been dominated by someone else. history is messy and full of exceptions.

Any nation that exists or has ever existed can be included but it would br preferable if they were influental in someway.

i would say keep it.

because Americans are not a nation
              nation which has origin from North America exists in civ4 and that are Indians

simple as that

Comment

Err. The Indians in Civ 4 are from India.

Comment

Technically, the Aztecs are North American natives though.

The contemporary US will always be in the game though; if for no other reasons than that it's produced by a US company employing US citizens and sold largely to US customers.

But even leaving aside commercial factors, surely it's understandable to include the most powerful state of the past century from a game about powerful states? It's at least as much a nation as Persia was at the time it was powerful. As for England, at it's most powerful it was the *British* Empire (and largely created by the Scots ). And India - how many different empires have there been? Is Mughal India the same as Maurya India?

I do still think it would be good to exclude all the more modern states though - partly to avoid this sort of discussion..

Comment

Working...
                  X