SCENARIO: Play The Real World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloads currently unavailable.

Due to technical difficulties, release of version 19 will be delayed.

Edit: thanks to Jason, we'll soon have downloads back online.
    Last edited by maciek; April 28, 2003, 14:06.
    Military Research and Simulations Initiative

Comment

Help me !

I can't manage to download the scenario !

Have I made a mistake ??

M. le Comte
      M. le Comte

Comment

Downloads are now available again.
        Last edited by maciek; April 30, 2003, 18:46.

Comment

The World 2003 Scenario team is proud to present a new release of the most realistic simulation of modern world.

It is now 1st of May, 2003, 8 o'clock in the morning. As you come to your office your advisor approaches you. What decisions will you make today? The world political situation is volatile and you face great challenges as you lead your nation. The military operation in Iraq has finished and victorious Coalition forces have occupied the country. Terrorist attacks increase and situation on Korean peninsula is still unclear.

Version 19 highlights

This version features a new revolutionary and never seen before feature - weapons manufacture licences. Weapons manufacture licence contracts allow you to sell licences for your indigenous weapons and purchase licences from other countries. A country that signed a licence purchase contract for a specific weapon (e.g. F-16 or BTR-80) can produce that weapon as long as the contract lasts, usually minimum 20 weeks.

Other World 2003 Scenario version 19 features:

- Accurate U.S. Air Force, Army and Marines unit numbers and bases.
          - Accurate UK Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines unit numbers and bases.
          - Realistic representation of coalition troops deployment in South West Asia (CENTCOM).
          - Up to date simulation of political situation in Middle East region, including Syria, Jordan, and occupied Iraq.
          - New natural resources (including gas, rice and narcotics) open new possibilities for growth and trade.
          - Fourteen new weapons including MiG-29 (Fulcrum), Type 42 Destroyer, M1A1 U.S. MBT, BMP-3, Patria AMV 8x8, and more. Morevoer, there are new graphics for existing systems: Leopard 2, B-52 Stratofortress, T-55, Commando.
          - Two new near-future systems: Sukhoi S-37 and F-22. You need to complete their respective projects in order to manufacture those systems.
          - Real life Civilopedia pictures for selected units, and diplomacy leader heads.
          - If you thought that installation was very easy, the process just got even easier! The installation process is now more automated and you can now install the scenario just by clicking "Next" buttons...

Version 19 consists of five (5) required packages: Scenario and four (4) Expansion Packs. All five packages are required for this scenario to work properly.
          You can download the packages from here, total download size is approximately 16MB. For your convenience, saved games will be provided at the same location.

Should you have any comments or require technical support, do not hesitate to contact us at our public forum (located at http://world2003-forum.tk). We will only be able to answer your queries at our public forum. You can purchase the soundtrack for this scenario, the Special Forces CD.

This release was brought to you by the World 2003 Scenario team:

Christopher Sharp - production, organisation founder
          Maciek Plewa - distribution, production, programming
          Jason Grigsby - logistics, quality assurance and knowledge management

The complete credits list is in the World 2003 Scenario readme file.
          Last edited by maciek; April 30, 2003, 18:31.

Comment

Your military spending figures posted above are off by quite some way.

Since POGO was founded in 1981, we have taken on new programs and entered into partnerships as we’ve grown our effort to build a more accountable government.

Other than that it's a nice scenario.

Comment

Version 19 Patch 1 (version 19.1) has been released and is ready for download.

Version 19.1 highlights:

- All aircraft with movement points greater than 15 cannot be "re-based" now.
              - Decreased bombard values make the game more challenging.
              - Hamburg moved north-west to simulate access to the sea.
              - Updated capital cities.
              - Improved rate of fire for F-22 Raptor.
              - Moved USS Abraham Lincoln near San Diego, moved 4th Marine Division to New Orleans.
              - Armies can be airlifted.

The World 2003 Scenario team would like to thank the version 19 testers:

Adler17
              Meneleus
              Mungman
              TheSilentPuma

(alpha. order)

To discuss this scenario please visit the World 2003 Scenario forum

Comment

Looks good, I see you changed my world map and put the Suez Canal in after all Impreza
                Last edited by kittenOFchaos; May 5, 2003, 18:53.

Comment

UK and Russian saved games are now available, thanks to Jason.

We have decided to improve certain aspects of the world map to enhance the game play. Your feedback is important to us, please discuss this scenario at its dedicated forum, this is an announcement thread only.

Maciek, World 2003 team.
                  Last edited by maciek; May 6, 2003, 07:34.

Comment

Well Well Kitten I Just Thought It Would Be Not Very Nice If The Egyptians Sent A Whole Army And Defeat Me When I Was Russia On Civ3OnEarth(Kittens Original) Now The Egyptians Can Never Threaten Russia Again.

Comment

Version 19 Patch 2 (version 19.2) has been released and is ready for download.

Version 19.2 highlights:

- Erroneously placed units removed.
                      - Japan cannot export Type 90.
                      - List of countries allowed to build a particular unit (depending on licence availability).

To discuss this scenario please visit the World 2003 Scenario forum

Version 20 with exciting new features is coming soon.

Comment

Hello everybody over here!!! I like to play this scanerio, but when I'm loading the saved games (USA, UK and Russia) a message appears : "File missing: ICBM bomb.wav, the game will now exit". Well, I want to know how I can fix this trouble. Thanks
                        Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
                        Indiana Jones
                        Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

go to your civ-folder
                          the ./art/units/ICBM/
                          and edit icbm.ini
                          beneath [sound effects]
                          and change the entry at 'death=ICBMBomb' to 'death='

OR: copy a similar sounding wav-file into the folder and rename it to 'ICBM Bomb.wav'
                          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Special limited time offer: get a free World Wargamer's Pack! Available only to World 2003 forum members, offer valid until 30th June 2003. Read more...

Comment

nice idea and some nice games. but for whoever doesn't have time for this:
                              you can download

LGeneral (GPL licence) at

Download LGeneral - LGeneral 1.2, LGeneral is a turn-based strategy engine heavily inspired by Panzer General

(1.4 MB only!)

and

Steel Panthers - World at War I (shareware) at

however, return to castle wolfenstein is definetly a great FPS with a good (but wierd) story behind it.
                              and if you enjoy steel panthers, you won't want the shareware version....
                              so participate at this challenge
                              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Hey,
                                can anyone please provide a save game for the german nation ?
                                Would be nice. My pc isnt the fastest atm ;(

Comment

Working...
                                X