SCENARIO: Play The Real World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World 2003 Soundtrack

You have the beautiful graphics created by Firaxis, Daniel Knowles (Sn00py), and the great unit designers...

But what about music?

You can now get the World 2003 Soundtrack - The Special Forces Album, created by professional artists Justin R. Durban and LindsayAnne Klem.

This powerful and captivating masterpiece was composed by the famous Edgen Animations .

The Special Forces Album and The World 2003 Scenario are a perfect match and add to an unforgettable experience.

This is what others said about Edgen Animations:

The varying styles of Edgen's music, ranging from soft piano, epic movie scores to sad, sensitive pieces only serves to demonstrate Edgen's ability to entertain and inspire.

Your music is unbelievable. There are no words to describe it... I am truly lost for words with your outstanding talents (...) Pure genius

You can preview the music for free and purchase the album instantly for only $8.98.

The World 2003 Movie (coming soon) will feature music composed by Edgen Animations.
    Military Research and Simulations Initiative

Comment

You are MAD!

I like that.

Comment

LOL thanks

There are actually three of us: Chris (Libertine), Jason (ArcLite) and me (myself).

Comment

We have initial saved games for US and UK that utilise the V18 Patch 2.

USA/George W. Bush

UK/Tony Blair

Comment

We'll have a new version 19 before 18/04/03, with accurate US Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force. Also, updated troop positions in Iraq (as well as control of the cities), plus heaps of new units (including near future units).

Comment

Seems the saved game files have nothing inside the zipped folders. I tried UK and US.

Also, I noticed the normal game--the one where I am supposed to be able to pick any civ--only allows Great Britain. This is especially confusing since I checked the editor and it seemed I was allowed any civ.

However, since the FAQ states that load times on a 1.3 duron are 3 hours, I'd rather use a working savegame, which doesn't seem to work.

Comment

You are using Windows XP to unpack the ZIP archives - there seems to be a problem with it.

If the file you download is about 500KB, that means there's something in there, so try a proper unzip utility such as WinZip.com, WinRAR.com or WinACE.com

The FAQ answers explain how to change the player civilization.

Comment

Russian saved game for version 18 is now available. It starts on 17/03/2003, like the other saved games.

Comment

how come I can only be the United Kingdom?

Comment

hey thanks for the info maciek!

Comment

Hygro: no problem. I don't know what the problem really is, only that WindowsXP's built-in archive utility seems to have problems with some zips.

The Baghdude: I'm sorry, I have already answered that question, 4 posts earlier... Please read FAQ - http://world2003.hyperboards2.com/in...num=1047063532

Comment

umm, there is no file in the USA saved game zip...
                          I come from CFC

Comment

Read my post on unzipping, above.

Comment

Guys, the UK was the primary civ when the scenario started, now the game is expanded, if ya wanna change the civ do it via scenario editor.

Comment

I'm re-posting the FAQ here if that's easier for you

World 2003 Scenario Frequently Asked Questions

Requirements:
                                • Civilization III Play The World (version 1.14f or newer)
                                • Windows 98/2000/XP/.NET (to use the package installer)
                                • Intel Pentium/Celeron or AMD Athlon/Duron, 500MHz

Recommended system:
                                • Windows 2000/XP/.NET
                                • Intel Pentium 4 1.6GHz, AMD Athlon XP 1800

Installation

1. How to install this scenario?

You need to download four required packages: Scenario, Expansion Pack 1, Expansion Pack 2 and Expansion Pack 3. This is also the order of installation.

You may need to unpack (unzip) the packages to a folder of your choice. Each ZIP archive should contain a single file, the package installer. If you encounter any errors (i.e. file corrupted, etc.), try downloading the file again, or use a different decompression utility such as WinZIP, WinRAR, WinACE. Using Microsoft Windows XP's "compressed folder" utility is not recommended.

After unpacking all files, simply double-click on each unpacked file, and follow the instructions to complete the installation.

When installing the Scenario itself (first package), you will be prompted to provide the location of your Civ3 Play The World folder. The installer can guess this location by itself, but please verify this location.

All further Expansion Packs will install to the Scenarios folder (inside Civ3 PTW folder) and the folder location will be provided automatically.

Remember, it is necessary to download and install the above mentioned packages. Saved games are provided for your convenience, and although being optional themselves, they do require the above mentioned packages.

If you wish to play pre-saved games, make sure to download a saved game version which corresponds to the latest version of the scenario.

Playing

2. It appears to be running slow. Is there anything wrong??

The world situation is very complex. There are millions of troops with various equipment deployed world wide. The size of the world map, sheer amount of units and cities make the scenario load slowly and run slowly.

On a Duron 1.3GHz it takes about 3 hours to load the scenario, but only a minute or two to load the saved game. We recommend playing the released saved games, usually they're available for countries such as USA, UK, and currently, Iraq.

On the same computer as mentioned above, it can take about 15 minutes for the AI turn to complete.

3. When I try to load the scenario, the game hangs, is "Not Responding", the screen is black.

During the loading process, Civilization doesn't refresh the screen, that's why it's black. The game may appear to be "Not Responding", but it's just loading the scenario.

Also see question 2.

4. How can I make it run faster?

Make sure to disable all animations for other civs' unit movements, in the Preferences menu. You can also disable showing unit movement. Those settings will help speed up the AI turn.

5. Can I play as one of the other 30 civs?

Yes, of course you can . Open the scenario file (.bix extension) in the PTW editor, click on Scenario menu and select Player Properties... Scroll the list of the players to select your preferred country. Then simply click on OK and save the scenario (menu File -> Save). All you need to do now is to load the scenario, it may take some time, but it will work.

6. Why isn't my country featured in the scenario? Why I can't play country x?

In Civilization 3: Play The World there's a 31 civilizations limit.

We have decided to include only the 31 most populated and/or most strategically important countries in the world. The cities must be 300km apart - that's a limitation of the game itself and the map we are using (which is already huge).

Error messages

7. I downloaded the ZIP archives, but they are empty. What's wrong?

You are probably using Windows XP. In that case you need to download proper unzip utility such as WinZIP, WinRAR, WinACE or many others available for free.

8. When I load the scenario, I get the following message "Missing text:
                                text\PediaIcons\ANIMNAME_PRTO_Terrorist"...

You need to install this scenario properly (that is, the scenario and ALL expansion packs) and not modify any files. See question 1 for installation instructions.
                                Last edited by maciek; April 26, 2003, 19:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X