No announcement yet.

SCENARIO: Play The Real World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand what you mean. But we had to join some of the countries, as we are struggling with the 31 civ limit. So for example, Italy is joined with Greece, Spain with Portugal, etc.

The idea was that since Poland is a NATO member, the only choice was to join it with Germany. In the future we may give Poland a separate civ, though.

But this issue is important for YOU, isn't it? Well, load the scenario in the editor, then right-click on Warsaw and click "Reassign", then choose Russia or Yougoslavia, whatever. Same for Gdanks. Save the scenario (probably by different name), and load it in the game. That was easy, wasn't it?

Please, let's continue on the dedicated forum. I don't have the time to visit 2 forums at once, that's why I wanted this thread to be for announcements only.
    Military Research and Simulations Initiative

Comment

The new version 18 is now ready. All troops in CENTCOM are now deployed.

New units:

A-10
      AH-64 Apache
      B-52
      Dawa Soldier
      Desert Paratroopers
      F-14
      F-16
      F/A-18
      Jeep (scout, explorer)
      Separatist
      T-55
      Last edited by maciek; March 20, 2003, 06:29.

Comment

U.S. forces in Kuwait:

Sources:

Military,Operations,Southwest Asia,Occupation,US ORBAT,military information, military systems, military facilities, military agencies, military industry, military operations, military countries, military documents, military news, military reports, military policy, military budget, military links, global security, homeland security, military, intelligence, wmd, space, public eye

Comment

The Iraqi saved game is now ready.
          Last edited by maciek; March 24, 2003, 14:20.

Comment

'Scuse me, but is all this available in the one download, or is it necessary to download everything in the first post?
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

You need to download the Scenario, Expansion Pack 1, Expansion Pack 2, and Expansion Pack 3. That's FOUR required files, totalling ~12mb.

You can also download the saved games provided for your convenience.

Comment

Looks great - once I get PtW, I'll make sure to try this one out.

Comment

We are updating the scenario quite often to reflect the changing world situation, but from this day we will be preserving old versions to enable players to play a what-if scenario.

At the moment, the scenario is current as of 18th of March; i.e. no coalition forces are in Iraq (except for special operations squads), and no war is declared yet.

We will be updating the coalition positions in next couple of days.

I'm playing as Iraq at the moment and after losing Basra and Ar Rutbah to US and UK, I managed to consolidate 4 and 5 Corps in Mosul and Baghdad, along with RG and SRG forces in Baghdad. It's interesting for how long can I hold these cities...

Comment

Come to our forum to discuss latest world developments and the scenario.

Comment

Should the Iraqi saved game be deleted?

Comment

Why?

Comment

I thought it may be inappropriate, or even politically incorrect to provide a saved game of a leader such as Hussein... I was deeply saddened by the recent developments such as their handling of coalition POWs, etc.

Unless a lot of people will oppose releasing any more Iraqi saved games, they will stay. It's up to you if you want to play as Iraq, this is just a game after all.

Note that this is just my personal opinion only, de gustibus non est disputandum.

If you want to discuss such matters further, join our forum.

Comment

Version 18 Patch 1 was released (look for it in 1st post). It contains new Civilopedia descriptions of new units, contributed by Jason Grigsby (ArcLite).

Comment

World 2003 Scenario v18 Patch 2 is now available.

Changes include fixes to aircraft bombing missions (including multiple sorties), artillery improvements, corrected units positions in Iraq (Fedayeen, Peshmerga), and other improvements.

Your existing saved games will not be affected by this patch.

Download it here. Enjoy another fine release from our team
                              Last edited by maciek; April 5, 2003, 16:43.

Comment

*SNIP* Nevermind. Just read the FAQ on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X