GRAPHIC: New city view look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ismailov
    Ok! I'm here again... I was missing the last days because there was a looooot of work in the office... This work will take me a few more days... As soon as possible, I'll be back here and I'll try to develop some of the improvements you are demanding me. So, let me make you all the following question: What would you like to get improved next in the mod?
    While american and europian sets look great, eastern and mediterran sets look a little bit owercrowded (maybe those buildings are too big for those tiles, or maybe just unaporpriate).

Comment

Here you have a ss with a middle east modern city and a park... Don't you like the park or the middle east buildings?
      Attached Files

Comment

And here is a ss of the same city, in roman style...
        Attached Files

Comment

And the far east style...

(Please note that it's not a completely true, as the palace, the temple and the cathedral are middle east style... It was a trick to compare styles of buildings fastly)
          Attached Files

Comment

American style...
            Attached Files

Comment

An, finally, european style...

So, do you think american and european cities seem to be less overcrowded than others...?

And: what to do to improve the park? It must completely fill the hole, I think the original hole was terrible, sure...
              Attached Files

Comment

So, do you think american and european cities seem to be less overcrowded than others...?
                It's just that other syle buildings don't look too much nice when close to each other. It's pretty true for far eastern style when roofs of nearby building are way to close. Maybe you should just make them a little bit smaller (not in heigth, I mean completly scaled down in size).

what to do to improve the park? It must completely fill the hole, I think the original hole was terrible, sure...
                I have no idea.

If you could just put a some sort of filler in all positions which are reserved for future buildings and Wonders (they are ALWAYS placed at same space).
                And maybe even in positions which are reseverved for filler buildings (since they are also not always filled).

Comment

If you want to put a tree both in every (possible) improvement tile and in every (possible) filler building tile, then you want to put trees everywhere! If this is what you want, there is a very easy trick, specially for grassland cities: Just take file "g-unclear.pcx" (in your backgrounds folder), and use it to overwrite file "g-lrg.pcx"... The result is a "forest" city:
                  Attached Files

Comment

(Note: I have posted a new version of the mod in the first post of this thread. It includes the building files and your road files. The bug of the far east medieval cities that you found is now fixed. No park files included, until they are ok)

Comment

Interesting...

A forest city.

Yes it should be something put on those clear tiles, but it doesn't need to be a tree, it can be something else too.

Some building perhaps?

I have no real idea.

Comment

I think I have found the solution! The idea is to put small houses everywhere, but being careful with the roads. Now I think city view is really as I liked it to be!

Here you have a screenshot of a very simple european city...

(version 3.1. contrast enhancement)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Ismailov; November 25, 2002, 16:08.

Comment

Here is the pcx background file for grassland metropolies. It is exactly the one used in the previous screeshot.

(version 3.1: contrast enhancement)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Ismailov; November 25, 2002, 16:11.

Comment

This another one is for metropolies in plains.

In this case, houses are a bit different, with red roofs, as a typical mediterranean village. It was not on purpose. The reason was the transformation of palletes. However, it think it looks good anyway...

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Ismailov; November 25, 2002, 16:13.

Comment

This one is for snow metropolies.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ismailov; November 25, 2002, 16:15.

Comment

And the last one is for desert metropolies. In spite of version 3.1 increases contrast, it still needs a bit more of contrast...

(Of course, all of these 4 files must be placed in the art/city view/backgrounds folder)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Ismailov; November 25, 2002, 16:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X