GRAPHIC: New city view look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sn00py,

In case you hadn't noticed, you get the pop up windows at CivFanatics, too...

It seems they are unavoidable. Just have to think of them as mouse target practice.

D.
    "Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck,
    leads the flock to fly and follow"

- Chinese Proverb

Comment

I think like Gen.Dragolen, the popup windows are almost unavoidable. Anyway, forcing us to send our files one by one sounds crazy... They should at least fix the problem of the zip files...

Comment

It's been fixed, the zips work now. Thanks Markos!

Comment

Mozilla seems to kill a lot of the banners (I've only been using it since 3 days ago now).

I've just surfed onto Apolyton, I've been here 3 mins now, and no banners yet. Normally I get about 3 by this time!
          be free

Comment

snoopy, you might want to see this

and please, consider a bit what you're writing about other people, before posting it in the forums.....
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

ok, LOL
              be free

Comment

Did anyone notice that some of the buildings are overlapping - especially in european cities. This does not look good...

Comment

I've seen that heppeing when I was trying to make something similar.

Unfortunately it a BUG, which can't be fixed by simple graphic editing (as far as I know).

In fact, it happens somethimes with ORIGINAL graphics too.

Comment

Central park modification

Yes, it's a bug of the game. The only reason why you notice now is that these buildings are bigger, but it also happens with the original graphics...

Here you have the "central park" modification: It puts a pretty huge park in the middle of the big cities (12 population or more), and it avoids the "central hole". It is intended to be used with the other files posted here.
                    This first file is only for cities in plains tiles.
                    Copy the file in the "art/city view/backgrounds" folder.
                    (Don't forget to backup your old p-lrg.pcx old file.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Central Park

This one is the file for cities in grassland tiles.
                      The zip file exceeds the 500000 bytes, so I have split it into two different zip files. It is the first one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ismailov,

After you finish adding things, could you them ZIP them all together too make it more "compact".

P.S.
                        By the way, have you seen my road-fix?
                        Did you noticed that tiny difference from original?

Comment

Central Park

And this is the second zip file for grassland cities...

Sorry, but there is no file for desert and snow cities at this moment, as the colour palettes in these files are not good enough to create a park... I don't know how to do it...
                          Attached Files

Comment

What about making a park which is covered a little bit with snow.

That way you would not need too much of green color.

For desert use something more yellowish.

Comment

Yes, player1, I saw your road files and I think they create a good effect! That's why I would like to include all the files (my files and your files) in one only zip file once we finish the modifications of the city view (If you like) Of course, if anybody else has files to improve the city view, they are welcomed...

I tried to create a park for desert cities, but I didn't like the results... It is not easy as you have no green colour! I prefer to post the files only when they have enough quality... Did you like grassland an plain parks?

Comment

Downloading at this moment...

Still need to see them in a real game.

Comment

Working...
                                X