99% Complete, Screenshots, critism help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99% Complete, Screenshots, critism help

The Mod is almost complete just a few touch ups required, but before I finish it and send it off to Firaxis, I'd like some constructive critism, things like the colour, tree's, etc. And even things that you would have liked to have seen.
    Attached Files
    be free

These images are low quality btw
    Attached Files
    be free

Comment

I would like to see trees redone.....make them look less like different colored circles.....as for the rest.....looks absolutley amazing! I can't wait to get this mod! And may be make mountains a little bigger? I don't know if it is possible, but it could help

Comment

Question: is Firaxis going to release this as a scenario or just the graphics files?

By the way I absoulutely love the trench affect with the coastal tiles!

Comment

Great work Sn00ps.

I'm with Stormbringer though, on the trees. You need to space them out more! Maybe make a couple forms of the terrain with pretty dense trees, but that's a little extreme (edge to edge completely covered with foliage). Make a few that are somewhat sparse, and maybe you could make a few grassland tiles with some brush or small trees (eye candy really, not obtrusive or distracting though).

Those are my suggestions.

Comment

My mistake, I made this map up myself, I didn't generate it, and in my personal preference, I like clumped tree's, but I have heard many people complaining that it is too dense, and some tree's overlapped the water. So I did away with my clumping and made sure that the tree's are almost exactly the same size as all of Firaxis original tree's.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding you, maybe you are talking about the clumpness INSIDE of the tree graphics, (that there is no room inbetween each tree itself)? Well I will re-do the plains tree's, because they are much more sparse than grassland and in cold areas(pine).

Larger mountains: Sounds like a good idea, I'll see what happens.

Ghengis: Not as a scenario, just as a graphics mod pack.
            be free

Comment

I would leave it as it is. Good work Snoopy.

I hope you included that submerged whale resource I saw in your other thread, because that was great!

So, when it is finished, will you post it for download?
              Or inflict more "pain" and make us wait for PTW?

Comment

unsure yet
                be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                  unsure yet
                  AARGH!

Comment

Splendid indeed...

The only thing (but that may be an optical illusion) is that the coastal water are very blue- the Smurf-kind...
                    W.I.N.T.E.R :cool:
                    Dead Winter reigns in Aramar
                    CIV2:Download GNB3 Now!!!-Napoleonic Unit Compendium-CIV3:*NEW*Leibstandarte SS-*NEW*Me-109 E
                    "The way I understand it the Russians are a combination of evil and incompetence- sort off like the Post Office with tanks..." M. Phillips THIRD REICH TEAM

Comment

My sugestions: Add a little sand color in the coast water.
                      Make the north edeges of the coast to sea/ocean more defined.
                      Make the sea lighter for more diferance between sea and ocean.

What I would like but others might not, is no square corners on any tiles.
                      Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
                      in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
                      3D Unit tutorial
                      My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                        But maybe I'm misunderstanding you, maybe you are talking about the clumpness INSIDE of the tree graphics, (that there is no room inbetween each tree itself)? Well I will re-do the plains tree's, because they are much more sparse than grassland and in cold areas(pine).
                        Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Space the trees out a bit more.
                        Something more like the tile to the right of the mountain and less like the clump near the top in the 2nd picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Level
                          My sugestions: Add a little sand color in the coast water.
                          Make the north edeges of the coast to sea/ocean more defined.
                          Make the sea lighter for more diferance between sea and ocean.

What I would like but others might not, is no square corners on any tiles.
                          Actually yeah- the norther edges look a bit "untransparent"- U can see the edge through the water from the south side but not from on the north side ?????
                          CIV2:Download GNB3 Now!!!-Napoleonic Unit Compendium-CIV3:*NEW*Leibstandarte SS-*NEW*Me-109 E
                          "The way I understand it the Russians are a combination of evil and incompetence- sort off like the Post Office with tanks..." M. Phillips THIRD REICH TEAM

Comment

Can you see the otherside of the tree's?

It will look odd if I add cliffs to the north side.
                            be free

Comment

Perhaps not "cliffs" but a mere shadow would look even greater

Comment

Working...
                              X