No announcement yet.

99% Complete, Screenshots, critism help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work. I like the trees, mountains, water colour. But I still think the underwater ridge should be a lot softer (less noticeable).

Comment

Looking great.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Snoopy, it's good to see that your time has been put to good use.

There are two things you need to check with your terrains:

* How do roads and railways look when placed on the map? Do they connect correctly when laid over Forests and Jungles?

* How do the Ocean tiles look when placed next to the polar ice caps? (See attached image).
        Attached Files
        None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

is firaxis giving you like royalties or something
          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I don't really like the trench effect with the coast. Otherwise this is great work.
            For your photo needs:
            http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Sn00py are you going to post this or do we have to wate for PTW?
              Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
              in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
              3D Unit tutorial
              My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

I second Level's question. However, unlike Sheik, IMHO, I like the trench effect with the coast. I don't know about duplicating it for sea to ocean though....
                Working together to Spread the Burden, Share the Wealth, and Conquer all Challenges

Comment

I like it a LOT !!! Especially since I once upon a time had purchased CTP and was really dissappointed not only about the non-available engine features in Civ3 a, but also about the graphical mishaps

Snoopy- IMHO Firaxis should pay U for this one- after all your work makes Civ3 enjoyable (and points out the pityfull attempts firaxis made when they launched the game)
                  W.I.N.T.E.R :cool:
                  Dead Winter reigns in Aramar
                  CIV2:Download GNB3 Now!!!-Napoleonic Unit Compendium-CIV3:*NEW*Leibstandarte SS-*NEW*Me-109 E
                  "The way I understand it the Russians are a combination of evil and incompetence- sort off like the Post Office with tanks..." M. Phillips THIRD REICH TEAM

Comment

can u make the trees a little bit smaller?
                    btw,it looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheik
                      I don't really like the trench effect with the coast. Otherwise this is great work.
                      Wait till you see it in the game itself. I'm using someone else's version of that idea, and I really get a good sense of the various depths. It gives it a real 3d feel , very nice.

I just hope Sn00py includes one that uses the default water colours. I prefer those myself, over that deep blue he's using now.

Comment

This is really anal, but I think the shadow from your cactus is pointing the wrong way and is too long. Other than that it looks real good.
                        Seemingly Benign
                        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by W.I.N.T.E.R
                          Snoopy- IMHO Firaxis should pay U for this one- after all your work makes Civ3 enjoyable (and points out the pityfull attempts firaxis made when they launched the game)
                          I think it's about time they hire him

hmm, he could be waaaaay to expensive for firaxis

Again, job weldone

P.S. : yes indeed, where are the submerged wales!!! I want them in, you know !!!!
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

This may be good only if grid switched on.
                            money sqrt evil;
                            My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Heres a Snap shot (from my philippine collection) that might help this discussion about the ocean/beach

I think that The terrain looks great, but your never going to get a terrain that everyone loves, only something that you love yourself.
                              Attached Files
                              EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

So when is the snoop gonna lay out these graphics to the masses?

They are just too good!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X