GRAPHIC: The 'Burbs: Urban Sprawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rickk

You asked for a screenshot from players using your mod. Here is mine.
    I added a few rail tiles from BlueO's mod to get more factories and a few higher houses.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Level
      Looks good, what would be really cool is having huts on road, these on railroad, farms on irrigation, and snoopys citys.
      You should check out Zeb_Fishers irrigation graphics. He has little barns and stables on some of them. He did a very nice job.

Comment

NUTS!! i want it but can't download it...keep getting an error message saying the page can't be found!!!

Comment

Try over at Civ Fanatics, it's there as well.

Comment

It looks a little weird... I'm still torn whether I like it or not.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

got it!!...just had to change the IP address in the URL section up top to apolyton.net and it picked it right up. damn annoying if you ask me!

Comment

looks pretty nce. good job.
                DEVM SVM
                I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
                Roma Invicta

Comment

Lateral Thinking

Would it be possible to program suburb tiles to show up only when you build railroads in the productive space around each city... That would make it look interesting, and also help demarcate - I`m tired of counting all the possible variations to find unused space.
                  Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

Re: Lateral Thinking

Originally posted by Changmai Beagle
                    Would it be possible to program suburb tiles to show up only when you build railroads in the productive space around each city... That would make it look interesting, and also help demarcate - I`m tired of counting all the possible variations to find unused space.
                    Each railroad tile is stored in a list within a .pcx file, and they're only designed to connect correctly to other tiles. There's no specification between tiles that are adjacent to cities and ones that aren't. So therefore, there really isn't any way to produce the effect you want.

Comment

Great JOB!!!!!
                      Pentagenesis for Civ III
                      Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                      Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Rikk, that is some serious work. Good job.

Comment

I'm still using and LOVING this mod.

Comment

IMO it looks a bit too busy and crowded. But a nice addition to the gfx...
                            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I'd love the "sprawl" to show only around metropolis.. but I'm downloading it anyway
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Just came back to check out for some mods and saw this thread was near the top. Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words.

I was working on the second one (which would have been SO much cooler - it was almost done), but my computer died and I lost all the work. If I get inspired and have some free time, I might redo it.

Version 2 had lawns and trees and not so many of the same houses (more types). It was pretty cool.
                                ··Rick·Pierce··
                                AlturasForums.Com
                                Alturas v2.5 now open!

Comment

Working...
                                X