GRAPHIC: The 'Burbs: Urban Sprawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip
    Ahhh, this reminds me of another urban sprawl mod I saw somewhere else. I like them, they're much more realistic looking than the horrible rail tiles...
    Yeah I made one a LONG time ago. Mine had skyscrapers in the center and housing on the outskirts.

Actually, the link may be in my sig.........

Comment

Originally posted by Rickk
      Just came back to check out for some mods and saw this thread was near the top. Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words.

I was working on the second one (which would have been SO much cooler - it was almost done), but my computer died and I lost all the work. If I get inspired and have some free time, I might redo it.

Version 2 had lawns and trees and not so many of the same houses (more types). It was pretty cool.
      This is excellent work, Rickk. It blended in seemlessly with my current game of Civ and went a long way to hide and rationalise the mess of original rail-track graphics.

I insist - yes, INSIST, that you complete Version 2! At once!

If I had to make one piece of criticism, it's that the original rail-track graphics didn't do your mod any favours. Some of the rail-tiles (the ones where there were less houses etc.) still looked really messy 'n' 'orrible with all loops and what have you, and I'd suggest that you tidied them up - maybe brought them more into line with the grid-style of Civ 2 or similar - before putting the 'burbs graphics in second.

Anyway, that's not to say Version 1 isn't a handsome mod and a big improvement. Good work!
      A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickk
        If I get inspired and have some free time, I might redo it.
        Please get inspired!

Comment

Working...
        X