--Orcs & goblins
    --Dark Elves
    --Lizard Men/Slann
    --Skaven
    --Vampire Counts
    --Khemri
    --Chaos
    --Chaos Dwarfs
    EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

Well After seeing how simplistic the Units are Made from those Play the World Unit Shots, I recon my units will take weeks rather than months to create, Hey I could probably do them myself... I cant believe how simplistic the units are put together, barely Dunegon Seige level of complexity..lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Bane Star
        I grabbed this list from the Warhammer Guys List

--The Empire - human
        --Bretonia - human
        --Albion -druids, I think (new player to WF)
        --Dwarfs -self explained
        --High Elves -explained
        --Wood Elves -explained
        --Orcs & goblins
        --Dark Elves
        --Lizard Men/Slann
        --Skaven - Rat men
        --Vampire Counts -zombies
        --Khemri -skeletons
        --Chaos
        --Chaos Dwarfs
        To clarify for others, I wrote in what "race" if neccessary

Comment

Bump:

Sorry bout this, But I leave on holidays for 6 months, backpacking Europe ( researching medieval warfare ) so I wont see Civ3 for a while (sob sob) keep posting Ideas so when I get back I have something to work on.

Thanks

Comment

Angels
            Dragons
            Dryads
            Faeries
            Ghosts
            Minotaurs
            Sasquatches
            A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
            Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

How about for an evil race, you can have the butterfly people They're evil and would be an interesting change from the typical boring elves, people and dwarves thing. If not you could just put in the pixies and dragons

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoloid Cow
                How about for an evil race, you can have the butterfly people They're evil and would be an interesting change from the typical boring elves, people and dwarves thing. If not you could just put in the pixies and dragons
                Evil butterflies?
                No comment.

Comment

Yes. They land on you and suck your pollen out.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

someone just posted a sorcerer unit at CFC
                    Up the Irons!
                    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                    Odysseus and the March of Time
                    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Didn't you know the butterflies are responsible for all evil and badness in the world? Everyone else does. And no offense meant to all you nerdy, warhammery peoples but why don't you just have one elf, one human, one dwarf, etc. etc. whats the point in making a million of these things when all thats different in the name. Why not just have for example:

Humans
                      Elves
                      Dwarves
                      Butterflies
                      Pixies
                      Centaurs
                      Dragons
                      Leprechauns
                      Cow Riders
                      Magiccy peoples
                      Skaven (new one to me)
                      Buteons (winged people - found that out from another of these planned projects which are just abandoned in two weeks)

Sorry if i'm seeming sinnical (sp?) but when he comes back he probably will just abandon the project like everyone does. The more simplified it is, often the more fun it is to play aswell. Who wants to spend ten years trying to find out how to play a complex 5000 unit 200 civ 900 tech mod?

Also if you search the old theads and mods, you can probably nick a few ideas here and there, and use them on this one

Comment

resources idea

Have the UU's require special resources, available via technologies available to their schools. If you've ever played Master of Magic (my favorite all time game) they had magic nodes. So say a "Death Knight" would require the resource graves, which would be shown on the map via the technology "necromatism", and would be only available to the more "evil" races. I dont know if anybody mentioned drow, if not I am. Also I'm not sure how well this would work, but instead of leaders arising from combat, jack up the percentage of likeliness to appear to like 80%(if possible), make zombies a UU to evil civs, and have Zombies be produced from combat instead.

Man I miss Master of Magic.
                        Pentagenesis for Civ III
                        Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoloid Cow
                          nerdy, warhammery peoples?
                          Really? hmm never thought of myself like that but ok....

but why don't you just have one elf, one human, one dwarf, etc. etc. whats the point in making a million of these things when all thats different in the name. Why not just have for example:
                          well why have races of humans in normal civ, why not just have 'humans' or 'anglo saxon, african, asian' as 3 choices and have behaviour choices...

but when he comes back he probably will just abandon the project like everyone does. The more simplified it is, often the more fun it is to play aswell. Who wants to spend ten years trying to find out how to play a complex 5000 unit 200 civ 900 tech mod?
                          Well I'm sitting here reading the responses, taking notes and making ideas on paper, I'm probably going to go with 2-3 human races and 2-3 elven races, mostly good/bad of each with a possible 24 race choices and 31 player games available.... wow....AS for simplification, absolutely I'm not going at add too many techs, the game will start 4000BC and end 1296AD so the techs that I delete from after gunpowder will be incorporated into lower end cave ages and such, The Eras will be Stone Age, Iron Age, Dark Age and Medi-eval, The dark ages can be avoided due to some tricky tech tree stuff I'm learning the code for, but some culture HAS to go through it for the rest to avoid it...

Oh BTW, I just Got the Latest White Dwarf JULY WD271 and the ARCHAON looks wicked, I've asked my Brother to do this one first, This would get us a Basic knight shape and mounted shape and would be great as both a UU for the Bad Guys, and also for the Warhammer Team that I belong to.. we'll model it from the Archaon, from the front cover and some of the inside close ups as Skins for the 3D Max model.... I'll post a site address when he uploads to my website.
                          Last edited by Bane Star; August 15, 2002, 03:09.

Comment

make a scenario like the old alien one in civ2 where a horde of ballrocks (sp? yknow the firey thing from LOTR) come and destroy everything and you have to survive.

Now that'll be fun!!
                            be free

Comment

Imagine there is an evil face in that last message

(You may lack the features Quick Reply, but I missed you )
                              be free

Comment

Balrogs? That would be a cool unit to animate.
                                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                                X