Volunteers for a research team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High, Alpha, how could I forget you were in the CtP arena
    Anyway, its great to be working with you. I'm pretty much transfering discussion to the Naval units thread I opened. I've posted my e-mail there.

I think what I'd like to do is open seperate threads for each class of unit: Naval, Land, Air, and Unique Unit.

Ok, I give, here it is:

jay@gezonmotors.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ALPHA WOLF 64
      just something i read in another post. Wonders that have a building requirement, free buildings from other wonders will not meet that criteria. this could have reprecussions for some of our ideas.
      Alpha, they fixed this in the last patch. There is a catch though. Here is what you can do and what you can't do:

CAN

Make temples require 1 granary in order to be built.
      Make Pyramids give a granary in every city.
      Make a temple in any city if you have built Pyramids (because all of them now have granaries).

CANNOT

Create 3 cities.
      Make courthouse require 3 granaries in order to be built.
      Make Pyramids give a granary in every city.
      ----You cannot make a courthouse now! (You have three granaries, but they don't count towards a prerequisite of multiple buildings. And since you now already have a granary in every city, you cannot every build a courthouse unless you lose control of the Pyramids.

Ok, now a change of topic.

Are you guys just interested in redeveloping existing techs, or were you also interested in spicing up the tree? I was thinking about a mod that would add a lot of new techs, but those new techs increase the HP of existing units (e.g. a Trained Spearman that has a base bonus of 3 hp before the experience modifiers). This way you don't have to design a ton of new units, but rather you can adjust the existing units to be stronger, possibly changing their names in the process if you want.

Comment

• Unless things have changed the last few days while i've been busy, the idea is to add the "must have" units and buildings and wonders. Those will drive any necessary new advances. We werent going for the more is better route However, we are always open to suggestions regarding "must haves".

Comment

• Hi Mizaq,
          Thanks for the info. Regarding the mod, we are spicing up the tech tree some. However, 40 additional techs, as I believe you talk about in your other thread, is probably too spicy for us. There are some mods that add lots of stuff, like the Double Your Pleasure mod, and others that hardly add anything like the player1 mod. We're somewhere inbetween.

I'd be interested in seeing your mod if you post it somewhere - its always good to share ideas. Your hitpoint idea is interesting, but I don't think its the way we want to go. Surprisingly, there are graphics for most of the unit types we want to add, and for the ones without graphics, I think there will be some before too long (I must say, I'm pretty surprised how many people are making good completely 3D graphics for this game!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Harlan
            Hi Mizaq,
            Thanks for the info. Regarding the mod, we are spicing up the tech tree some. However, 40 additional techs, as I believe you talk about in your other thread, is probably too spicy for us.
            Sorry, just struck me funny. No offense, Mizaq. I'm just laughing at Harlan's good humor.

Comment

• While is was looking at new naval values last night, the machine gunner for some reason jumped off the page and smacked me (i may need more sleep). What about creating specific defensive units that dont move? I've seen some old harbor forts with huge guns that I'm sure would never have been dragged off for an offensive campaign. (bad example since we have a specific building that does this) It would represent a city's called up self defenses. Might allow a maginot line type of defense for those that pack their cities closely. Lots of firepower but 0 mobility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Kraken

Sorry, just struck me funny. No offense, Mizaq. I'm just laughing at Harlan's good humor.
                I'd like to order one mod, hold the spicy

Comment

• at some point, we'll have to line up volunteers to help us play balance all the changes. Everyting is looking great on paper, but balancing is always the issue.

Comment

• This project seems interesting. Is it still alive?
                    The difference between industrial society and information society:
                    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
                    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

• Kraken and Harlan disappearred once the weather got nice I had all the units in, plus the tech tree for the first 2 eras, but since 1.29, it just crashes continuously Maybe next month, I'll start from scratch with a 1.29 bic and re-enter all the changes and see if using a 1.21 bic is causing the crashes.

Comment

Working...
                      X