Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure If Im can do anyting about anytibng for another two weeks. My programming coputer is away due to some hardware problem, and I don't know if I have all the files I need to check tings here.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
      I'm not sure If Im can do anyting about anytibng for another two weeks. My programming coputer is away due to some hardware problem, and I don't know if I have all the files I need to check tings here.
      Sorry to hear about your computer problems, but on the good news front. I tried Ver .96 again and waited after the splash screen for about a minute (on a 1.8GhZ machine) and suddenly the menu popped up. After that, when I closed the program and then re-started it, the menu came up normally, although the splash screen stayed displayed for quite awhile......2 minutes or so before it finally went away.

And so far no problems with the actual features of the program since I made sure the Uncompleted Features were NOT enabled.

IF you have the time, could you look into a map feature to erase all human improvements from an existing map? I know the regular editor can do that, at least in VIEW by apparently removing an overlay, but I'd like to actually clean all cities, mines, roads and irrigation from a map that has been played so I can use it as a cleanstart scenario.

Thanks for a fine utility and great support, Gramphos!

Bill

Comment

• Then I believe I know the reason for youe problem, and will probably be able to do something about it fo the nextrelease.

About clearing imporovements; I'vehad that in mind, but never taken the time to add it. Might add it to the next version, but I can't decide aything yet, and I have no idea on when it will get ready. Support hasn't turned bck the computer yet. I wonder why they just can't replace the broken hardware

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

About clearing imporovements; I'vehad that in mind, but never taken the time to add it. Might add it to the next version, but I can't decide aything yet, and I have no idea on when it will get ready.

Support hasn't turned bck the computer yet. I wonder why they just can't replace the broken hardware
          That would be a very nice feature.....thanks for considering it.

As for Tech returning your computer...I finally got tired of depending on other people to repair and return my machine in their time so I started doing it myself. If you know what's wrong as far as the hardware problem, it's easy to swap out componants. It's more difficult to fine tune the CMOS Setup and to troubleshoot operating system and software problems......some of those remind me of a detective solving a case.

Bill

Comment

• It's just that if I would do it my self I'd have to pay for it, as the warranty wouldn't have any effect if they don't investigate the problem.

Comment

• Thanks for the wonderful tool, but I do have one problem. It seems that all the functions work fine, except for one. Whenever I attempt to Import a BIC in to a saved game, it thinks for 10 seconds, then a dialog with "Stop Statement Encountered" appears, and the program closes. I even exported a BIC and then tried to import it without making any changes, and it did the same thing. Please, please, please help.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiG_Master
                Thanks for the wonderful tool, but I do have one problem. It seems that all the functions work fine, except for one. Whenever I attempt to Import a BIC in to a saved game, it thinks for 10 seconds, then a dialog with "Stop Statement Encountered" appears, and the program closes. I even exported a BIC and then tried to import it without making any changes, and it did the same thing. Please, please, please help.
                Allo, MiG_Master.
                Somedays ago I got this dialog box too when trying to edit a SaveGame. I figuret out that if I played a few more turns and saved again, it would work.
                Try it.
                Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkalTur

Allo, MiG_Master.
                  Somedays ago I got this dialog box too when trying to edit a SaveGame. I figuret out that if I played a few more turns and saved again, it would work.
                  Try it.
                  Dude, I owe you a beer in the bar of your choice.

Comment

• To MiG_Master:
                    As some guys in Baldur's Gate: 'I WANT SOME ALE!!' AHAHAHA! Any time.

Comment

• Does anyone of you have a save with that problem left?

Comment

• The 'stop statemente encountered' problem, gramphos?

Comment

• Yes, that problem.

When a problem shows up a second time it must be solvable in some way.

Comment

• I don't have the files anymore, but I do have a better solution than playing a few turns. Save the game that you want modified, then export the .BIC from the Autosave game (providing you have autosave on), change it and import it into the non-Autosaved game. It seems to work with Auto-saved games, but not double saves or copys of .SAV's.

Also, I had a slight problem where I modified created a bunch of units, and then game loaded and played fine. When I saved it, quit, and came back the next day, there was an "DataIO Error: UNIT". I took a look at it in the Multi-tool, and saw the game had created a Barbarian Settler conscript at 0,0 for every turn that I played since I modified it. It worked fine again after I deleted the units, but I was hoping you would know why it did this.

Comment

• I've heard of this bug before, but never heared the version qwhefre the game cereaes those units. That would explain why I never managed to recreate it. What the reason for the unit being created is I don't know, but it would help if I had the unedited, the edited and the unloadable save.

Comment

• I'm at school right now, so I can't send them, but as soon as I'm able to, I'll upload them somewhere. (If I still have them)

Comment

Working...
                                X