Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRAPHIC: MonsterMan's Resources -- Play with 60!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonsterMan
    I haven't playtested that, actually. But if the city can't get access to it, I think it can still be used for Small Wonders. SW have a toggle Required goods must be within City Radius so that's nice, because we can control the appearance ratio of non-bonus resources.
    I believe though that the particular flag you mention also requires that it be connected by road. I'm not positive on that. Anyway, what's the point? The AI probably won't know how to make use of it, so you'd just be giving yourself an unfair advantage.

Comment

I cant also use more than 24 icons, this is not good
      Up The Millers

Comment

Hey guys,

I just tried out the mod with version 1.21 and I have found that the extra resources are displayed correctly in this version. Previous versions limited display to 24 resources, but here I have got 25 working correctly.

Here's a screenshot of a portion of a random map I created. I added Pearls, Oasis and Bananas as extra bonus resources, and lo and behold, they are all displayed with version 1.21.

* Updated resource icon loading so that it's not hard-coded. Any number of resource icons can now be loaded from resources.pcx as longs they are 49x49 with a 1-pixel border (and don't forget to update resource_shadows.pcx).
        -- Version 1.21f change list.
        Attached Files
        None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

I also remembered to edit the terrain:

Oasis - Deserts
          Bananas - Jungle
          Pearls - Coast, Sea
          None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

but is that an editor generated map star mouse, or a random map generated in the game itself? If an in-game map, can you provide proof, i.e. have the icons show up beside the settler/workler/scout at the start of the game?

Ta

Comment

monsterman,

have you made a "resources-shadow.pcx" also?
              it seems the shadows are required for correct display.
              thanks in advance.
              delfino

Comment

Defino, it seems that you do not need to edit the shadows but will limit your gameplay, and give the AI a very very slight advantage over you. By this i mean when your geezer is a few squares from a tile with summat good like Bananas, you wont be able to see it, but if there was a shadow you could just make out that there were bananas there!!
                Up The Millers

Comment

thanks rothy.

my problem exactly. I need to be able to see the resource/bonus is there otherwise I will have to right-click everywhere to find out is there is anything interesting in there. with the shadows the "thing" would reveal itself.

maybe monsterman can help.
                  delfino

Comment

Originally posted by =DrJambo=
                    but is that an editor generated map star mouse, or a random map generated in the game itself? If an in-game map, can you provide proof, i.e. have the icons show up beside the settler/workler/scout at the start of the game?

Ta
                    It's a map I generated with the editor, but I didn't place any resources manually. The three resources were in a small area of a map that happen to have all three fairly close together.

I will see if the map generation in the game also works correctly. I'll start a few games and see what I get.

Comment

why not just put the actual image on the shadow file then?

or maybe I've just misunderstood what you're all talking about
                      be free

Comment

You don't need to add pictures into the shadow file. In fact, I added two dozen resources without even bothering to enlarge the shadow file and I was fine. You guys should work with tabs on your resources like Heed's tabs, they make it real easy to see squares that have resources. Anyways, as long as you dont make the new resources luxury resources, you will be fine adding resources. I actually used Monsterman's resources to test out the new functionality, but if I make a mod that has many more resources I will make sure to make tabbed resources like I normally use.

Comment

mitzaq

please be patient with me since I am quite challenged with computer stuff. how do I put tabs and what are the tabs?

thanks in advance.
                          delfino

Comment

getting them to appear in the editor generated maps seems to be quite different from actuallty getting them to appear in a random map generated in the game.

so far i have seen no proof that this can be done... I.e. by proof i mean with units and cities beside the new resources!

Comment

hmmm, Why cant I use Luxury Resources?? I've added Caffiene and Tobacco to my games as luxuries and they seem to operate fine. I once heard something about only 8 luxuries will make people happy, so if you have 9 it wont do 'owt , but surely if i have 10 luxuries it just gives you a better Chance of getting all 8???
                              Up The Millers

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
                                hmmm, Why cant I use Luxury Resources?? I've added Caffiene and Tobacco to my games as luxuries and they seem to operate fine. I once heard something about only 8 luxuries will make people happy, so if you have 9 it wont do 'owt , but surely if i have 10 luxuries it just gives you a better Chance of getting all 8???
                                Same. I had added more luxury resources and seems to work perfectly

Where's this bug or what's this bug?
                                Ralendil

Comment

Working...
                                X