No announcement yet.

MODIFICATION: Mizaq's Root Mod for MultiTool challenged people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you post your bic I might be able to test it this weekend (no promises).

Comment

Not possible because I reduced it back to 36 resources.

But I'll explain what I did:

I used Monstermans 60 Resources-file.
      Then I put in seagull and hemp (Picture No. 52 and No. 41) as bonus resources.
      I put seagull on Tundra and hemp on nearly everything, in the terrain tab.

In the editor when I created a map the bonus resources showed up, but in the game itself it did not work. They were there, but invisible, even if I became the bonus food/shield.

(The crash I mentioned earlier has NOTHING to do with this, thats a problem with more than 8 luxuries, but thats described in the monstermans resources thread.)

Sorry I have no bic. But maybe you know something i might have done wrong? I edited everything, and it seemed to work, but as said, it showed not up on the map int he game. So I assume more than 36 pictures are not possible. If I was wrong, I would be happy!

Comment

Did you add those resources with the newest multitool? I used an old version of the multitool with an old bic and just used the current editor to update the bic. I'll post mine this weekend so you can take a look.

Comment

Version 0.92

Yeah that would be great, thanks a lot! At least I've added now some mirror-resources (same pic, revealed on map with a later advance) - that way I can have more than 36 resources.

Comment

Is thisd a bug with the multitool?
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

possibly. I can't speak for certain for what he has done, but I know the older version of multitool created resources just fine.

Comment

Well, let me know if you find out something.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Gramphos, i don't think it's to do with your multitool.... instead it seems related to when you add a resource which is outwith a 6x6 area in the resources.pcx file.

Once i made sure my extra resources were within the 6x6 area, they showed up fine on both game-created and editor-created maps

Mizaq, the extra wonders.... because they are just copies of existing wonders does that mean that one doesn't have to tamper with all the wonder splash images, pediaicons, city view, etc, stuff?

Comment

DrJambo, no. You are incorrect. There are instructions in the readme if you want to enable to those wonders, but a brief explanation is as follows: Create text entries in pediaicons.txt for the wonders you want to enable.

Comment

Will this work for 1.29f? I was thinking of adding it into the PtW mod manager if it did.

Comment

Working...
                      X