X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kettyo

well for now i will make grenadiers and marines see them

but the unforseen has happen! argggggggg
    anyways this pushes beta7.4 back a couple of hours to unwanted company leaves!

Comment

• _______________________
      Beta7.4

Tech Changes

*Moved Map Trading from Map Making to Navigation
      *Moved Communication trading from Writing to Magnetism
      *Moved Mutual Protection Pacts from Nationalism to Radio
      *Moved Libraries from Literature to Writing

Government Changes

*Changed Fascism's support to 15 free 2/3/4 2 gold
      *Changed Communism to paid labor from forced labored
      *Dropped all rate caps

Unit Changes

*Added ZoC to Destroyers
      *Added see Invisable units to Partisans and Marines
      *Changed the Outrigger to the Galley 0.1.2 20|2 sink in seas, sink in ocean
      *Changed the Galley to the War Galley 2.2.3 30 sink in seas, sink in ocean, Naval Power
      *Changed the Scout to 3 movement from 1 movement all terrain as roads
      *Changed the Explorer to 6 movement from 2 movement all terrain as roads
      *Changed the Legion to 3.2.2 40 from 3.2.1 30 all terrain as roads

General Changes

*Changed Barbarian Naval Unit to War Galley
      *Changed worker value in shields from 20 to 25
      *Changed starting distances on all map sizes to the following values
      Tiny 9
      Small 12
      Standard 18
      Large 24
      Huge 32 (editor max)

Difficulty Level Changes

*Changed the Cost Factor in Chieftan to 30 from 20
      *Changed Emperor so it has the same stats as Diety in 1.17f
      *Changed Diety so it is harder than Diety in 1.17f

Wonder Changes

*Changed Shakespere's Theater to 2 happy, +50% luxuries, 16 culture
      *Changed Newton's University to 500 shields
      *Changed Universal Sufferage to 900 shields
      *Changed Hoover Dam to 1200 shields
      *Changed Longevity to 1200 shields
      *Changed SETI to 1200 shields
      *Changed U.N. to 1200 shields 14 culture
      *Changed Forbidden Palace to 150 shields 1 culture
      Last edited by korn469; March 12, 2002, 13:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by korn469
        well for now i will make grenadiers and marines see them.
        korn,

marines is ok because of extreme training but i think paratroopers is better choice (for same reason) than grenadiers. Also consider giving same ability to foreign partisans. They also know the same hiding techniques.

As i said garrison units should also have the ability to monitor peacetime partisan activity. I mean rifleman and infantry.
        This would mean not to upgrade infantry to mech inf which is also better for gameplay i think because mech inf is just so much more powerful than infantry.
        And also i think it's strange that the mech inf has DOUBLE defense points of infantry. Mech inf is really much better in the offense but for garrison role i think mech inf isn't that much more useful than light/leg inf units.
        Currently everyone will use mech inf-s for garrisons when possible because of unmatched defense.

Thanks for your work with the 7.4 upgrade !

Comment

• kettyo

yea after i posted the mod i realized that partisans would be a better choice than grenadiers

so i think i will change it to grenadiers and partisans, i won't tell if you won't
          but you will want to change this yourself or redownload in a few minutes

As i said garrison units should also have the ability to monitor peacetime partisan activity. I mean rifleman and infantry.
          but they could see them in war time as well, and if virtually all of the units could see them, then there isn't much of a point in being invisable

And also i think it's strange that the mech inf has DOUBLE defense points of infantry. Mech inf is really much better in the offense but for garrison role i think mech inf isn't that much more useful than light/leg inf units.
          well infantry is ww1 through probably korean era infantry, and mech infantry along with marines and paratroops represents most everything since then, so in a year long battle just the ability to airlift the wonded out with helicopters would make infantry perform better, not even counting better weapons, better communications, and better support

but i have though about making mech infantry undraftable, and having normal infantry not upgrade but i'm not sure about this yet
          plus if the enemy has airpower and modern armies full of modern armor they can easily blast you out

Thanks for your work with the 7.4 upgrade
          thanks
          i hope you like it

Comment

• NOTE

if your version does not say beta7.4 in the version.txt then you need to redownload it
            Attached Files
            Last edited by korn469; March 14, 2002, 16:47.

Comment

• civ3 crashed with the following report

CIVILIZATION3 caused an invalid page fault in
              module CIVILIZATION3.EXE at 016f:00403036.
              Registers:
              EAX=00000000 CS=016f EIP=00403036 EFLGS=00010246
              EBX=005cb848 SS=0177 ESP=00abf7e8 EBP=01570eb0
              ECX=0ba6238c DS=0177 ESI=0ba6238c FS=3e3f
              EDX=00000000 ES=0177 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
              Bytes at CS:EIP:
              8b 80 3c 01 00 00 83 c1 58 8b 50 04 52 e8 e8 d8
              Stack dump:
              00000000 004063e3 00000000 0ba6238c 0ba621a0 01d027b0 000014ae 00000000 0058bf02 005cb848 005121fd 0ba63de0 00abf854 005993bb ffffffff 004ef898
              anyways i'm playing an interesting game, 6 turns into the game i pop a hut and it unleashes a barbarian horde right beside of my capital, a fairly major setback, so right now i'm playing without a palace...but it seems that i might have to kill the defense bonus for the palace, because a palaceless empire seems corruption free

Comment

• v7.4 crashed?

Originally posted by korn469
                civ3 crashed with the following report

anyways i'm playing an interesting game, 6 turns into the game i pop a hut and it unleashes a barbarian horde right beside of my capital, a fairly major setback, so right now i'm playing without a palace...but it seems that i might have to kill the defense bonus for the palace, because a palaceless empire seems corruption free
                I sure hope v7.4 blitz mod did not crash like that?

Desert Dog

Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
                Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

• civ3 still crashes periodically

and i don't think it is the blitz mod, but if it is we'll find out soon enough if others have the same crash

probably not this weekend but next i am going to make the move to beta8 and i just might do it from a fresh civ3 install

Comment

• Crash & question?

I have not had a crash since I installed XP Home Edition OS. I will try out your newest mod to test it for you with XP.

2 Questions:

What causes the wrong icon to appear in queue for the units? IE worker is now in settler/colonist position after reaching Industrial age?

Was wondering why you have the Caravel & Galleon with no offense ability? They did not have a powerful array of weapons but indeed they did have small cannon fire in real life. Is this merely a cosmetic issue with game play for your decision on this? Of course you know I think your mod rocks

Desert Dog

Comment

• Desert Dog

What causes the wrong icon to appear in queue for the units? IE worker is now in settler/colonist position after reaching Industrial age?
                      hmmm that sounds like a units_32.pcx problem, did you put the blitz mod units_32.pcx into the correct art file?

as far as the galley/outrigger is a stealth bomber in the build queue i still haven't figured this one out

Was wondering why you have the Caravel & Galleon with no offense ability? They did not have a powerful array of weapons but indeed they did have small cannon fire in real life.
                      as far as i know the AI won't ever attack with them, and you hardly ever hear about troop carriers/cargo attacking warships, even if the warships were damaged...the weapons they carried were for defense, so that is why

i'm glad you are enjoying the mod

Comment

• Troop carriers should be protected

Originally posted by korn469
                        Desert Dog

hmmm that sounds like a units_32.pcx problem, did you put the blitz mod units_32.pcx into the correct art file?

as far as the galley/outrigger is a stealth bomber in the build queue i still haven't figured this one out

as far as i know the AI won't ever attack with them, and you hardly ever hear about troop carriers/cargo attacking warships, even if the warships were damaged...the weapons they carried were for defense, so that is why

i'm glad you are enjoying the mod
                        They should have some offense for the Barbarian Privateer's. The Modern Transport has machine gun fire sound? Pirate's of the High Seas used to attack ships they all had to have some offense. I really disagree with this because it really counters real life. Of course my opinion, it just seems out of step to have only the "War Galley" until frigates. Peace..

Comment

• They should have some offense for the Barbarian Privateer's. The Modern Transport has machine gun fire sound? Pirate's of the High Seas used to attack ships they all had to have some offense. I really disagree with this because it really counters real life.
                          all Naval transport units including modern transports and aircraft carriers have 0 attack, the reason for this is that troops ships have never actually pursued pirates, warships have, they might have cannons but they employ defensive tactics and are not used as offensive ships, and this is what i'm trying to represent

i found a link

here is a quote, and the site has lots of interesting information

In the late 17th and early 18th centuries commercial ships were generally called "merchant ships", however mariners reserved such a term for the three masted, square rigged carrier. These ships were large and intended for passengers and cargo. The carrier was a 280 ton ship measuring 80 feet in length. While such a ship could be armed with up to 16 cannons, it is doubtful that a typical crew of about 20 could manage more than three or four such guns. This ship sports finer lines and a little more sail power than the Dutch Flute (below) and could make a trip from England to America in about 4 weeks.

The Dutch Flute was a prize in the early 17th Century. Primarily a prize for the shipping world, the Flute was an impressive 300 ton, 80 foot ship that proved inexpensive to build as well as man. The Flute needed only a dozen seamen. With a flat bottom, broad beams, and a round stern, this ship soon became the favoured model of a cargo ship. A large part of the popularity of the Flute for commerce was her incredible cargo capacity; about 150% that of similar ships. In this, they soon became a common prey for savvy pyrates

The Sloop was a favourable ship for pyrates and smugglers. This relatively small vessel, 100 tons drawing 8 feet of water, was quick and easy to maneuver. It wasn't undeard of for a Sloop to reach 11 knots top speed with the help of her square topsail. Along with the speed and ease of control, such a ship could carry 75 pyrates and 14 cannons. The Sloop was often the ship of choice for hunting brigands in the shallower channels and sounds
                          so it might not run as counter to real life as it seems at first

it just seems out of step to have only the "War Galley" until frigates.
                          i agree, and i would be happy to add a warship in between war galleys and frigates, i'll do a little research and find something suitable

btw are you desert fox from civfanatics?

Comment

• Korn, I have tried downloading the mod from the front page and from this page but the version.txt file says Beta 7.3. Is it right or wrong?

Comment

• korn - I ended up going over to civfanatics forum and managed to download the correct version.

around 500BC my game crashed, don't know why but I'll try playing again and see.

Yep, same again, I load my autosave from a few turn previous and the crash occurs again on the same date. I have no buildings or units finished on that turn, so I figure it must be something the AI players have built that is causing the crash. Thats my guess anyways.
                              Last edited by Ganja; March 13, 2002, 21:47.

Comment

• Ganja

i'm off to bed for the night but i will fix the file, and look to see if i introduced a crash and try to crush it ASAP!!

Comment

Working...
                                X