This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing Tech

If I steal a technology from another civ - I get the tech - but do they lose it as well ? Or do they still have it and I just have it too now ?

Comment

• They still have it... Try to imagine how you can make people forget all about what they just discovered? It can't be achieved through diplomatic ways or even spying...
      Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

• Hello everybody .
        I'm CFC refugee .
        Are there SGs ( Succession Games ) here on forum ?
        And in which section are they .
        Thanks in advance .
        Better to have a gun and not to need one , than to need one and not to have one

Comment

• NOt a big complaint, but I did not see the warrior screen at teh end of game that hits the carney marker. The one that say your magnificent or whatever ratingyou got? Did it get removed or did I doze off?

Comment

• Ok anther small nit. I would like to see them make the history movie events state SGL or MGL for leaders. It is too hard to try to figure out if they got a SGL or MGL for the great leader event.
            I was trying to see how common they were, but unless you know the names, it will be tough. I doubt I will learn the names of all the leaders for all of the civs.

Comment

• applying patches to multiple civ installs

I have a questions about the multiple civ installs also. Let's say I install the original civ and then C3C. Do I need to apply the patches to the original civ and PTW? If so, is it better to apply the original civ patch before or after installing C3C?

Thanks,
              daufoi

Comment

• No need, C3C will bring CivIII to 1.29f and PTW to 1.27F.

Comment

• If it ever arrives, that is ....
                  A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                  Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

• Originally posted by Bamspeedy
                    bkapicioglu- If you have the latest patches installed, you can open up that scenario through your civ3 folder-->Scenarios folder (or open the editor and then load the scenario) and then assign the start locations to specific civs.

There are also some world maps with correct starting locations available in the creation or files forums.
                    I dont understand any of this - where do I find the editor? What do you mean 'open up that scenario through your civ3 folder'? In game or via Win. Explorer. What do I do then?

Sorry if i'm being dense but this problem is bugging me bad - i'm patched upto 1.29f basic game.

Comment

• For PTW, go to your PTW directory. By default, it's C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\CIV3PTW. The editor is "Civ3XEdit". Open it and go to file-open. Select the scenario directory and the file you want to edit. Find or place a start location. Right click it and select "reassign".

C3C is not much different. The editor is called "Civ3ConquestsEdit" and, by default, is in C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests. Follow the same steps as above.
                      cIV list: cheats
                      Now watch this drive!

Comment

• They should be available on you start menu, same as the game. In fact I often hit one instead of the other by accident.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattH
                          For PTW, go to your PTW directory. By default, it's C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\CIV3PTW. The editor is "Civ3XEdit". Open it and go to file-open. Select the scenario directory and the file you want to edit. Find or place a start location. Right click it and select "reassign".

C3C is not much different. The editor is called "Civ3ConquestsEdit" and, by default, is in C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests. Follow the same steps as above.
                          OK, i havn't got ptw - just bought the basic game and "The editor is called "Civ3ConquestsEdit" and, by default, is in C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests." - well **** if I can find it - i'm now playing the Chinese in Scandanavia - crap really. I even tried that CTP prog and it didnt work - I'm just crap - dont worry about it - im getting used to this ****.

Comment

• ****, you edit ****ing profanity!!! Must be an american site.

Comment

• I love this asterisk **** - do you do ****er? A truly Brit rudeness.

Comment

• (a) Run a search
                                (b) Reinstall?
                                (c) ****** off

You can also try this map- it has start locations already added.
                                cIV list: cheats
                                Now watch this drive!

Comment

Working...
                                X