• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 is out! See initial post!
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• ...Hrm, can't find 1.4

In the meantime, I've added Wite Rabbit's recourses.pcx to my site (see link above) and uploaded a copy of Monk's Civ3mod.bic whose only change is removal of Oil on coastal squares.

Also, it was a brand new game that I had the Oil problem w/ Monk. May have been because I chose "Archipeligo" (however it's spelled) so there were less land squares overall for land-only resources.

Looking forward to playing 1.4 while the turkey cooks. Thanks again for all your work.
      For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

• Would the moderator please host ver 1.4 on the apolyton site please, as none of us seem to be able to download it.
        thanks

Comment

• drat, blasted geocities! Blasted Tripod! let me try this one more time
          Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

this *should work* just right-click it

Comment

• thanks for all your help with this Yaga

Comment

• Worked okay for me Monkspider. Thanks.
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

• Universial Sufferage Bug?

Hello guys hopefully someone can give me some insight on this...........i have run into a possible bug w/the universial sufferage wonder..........the year is 1782 i am at the end of my turn...........................the advisor pops up telling me that the irquiois are building the univ. suff..wonder as soon as i hit enter to continue on...i get an illegal error message from the game and it exits to the desktop....i have reloaded my save game several times and it does it everytime......... This is very frustrating as you can imagine......monkspider could i possibly be missing something from your mod that is causing this? did you copy unv. suff..to create the your classless society wonder and that could be the culprit............the reason i ask that..is because you changed the name of that wonder to classless society because it was so class to univ. suff...so i figured you used.somthing from that.......i could be totally way off here,,,if i am dont think nothing of it......but..............has anyone experiecned anythin like this............???????????

Comment

• Hmm, you followed the instructions in the READ ME, right? Extracting the files to all their right places and so forth?

Comment

• Re: Universial Sufferage Bug?

Originally posted by GenTomGun
                    Hello guys hopefully someone can give me some insight on this...........i have run into a possible bug w/the universial sufferage wonder..........the year is 1782 i am at the end of my turn...........................the advisor pops up telling me that the irquiois are building the univ. suff..wonder as soon as i hit enter to continue on...i get an illegal error message from the game and it exits to the desktop....i have reloaded my save game several times and it does it everytime......... This is very frustrating as you can imagine......monkspider could i possibly be missing something from your mod that is causing this? did you copy unv. suff..to create the your classless society wonder and that could be the culprit............the reason i ask that..is because you changed the name of that wonder to classless society because it was so class to univ. suff...so i figured you used.somthing from that.......i could be totally way off here,,,if i am dont think nothing of it......but..............has anyone experiecned anythin like this............???????????

are you playing on a 256x256 size map? Or maybe just one that is larger than the default huge?
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

• Monkspider,

Are you working on civilopedia icons for the new stuff you added? If not then I will procede. I started working on them, but thought I should ask first. So far I am only working on the Statue of Liberty. Also I am looking for a better wondersplash photo the Lady Liberty. I hope you don't mind. Let me know.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also working on the city-view (or whatever you call it), picture.
                      Last edited by Elucidus; November 22, 2001, 11:25.
                      Yours in gaming,
                      ~Luc

Comment

• Map

I am playing on a huge map of the earth....however it is a mod map......i ran into a similiar problem the other day using the normal map w/4 civs...the game would come up w/illegal error right after 3500bc........everytime.........that is when i started a game on huge map it worked find until now.............i may start another game using the huge map of earth provided and see what happens............all i can say...some weird stuff....

Comment

• YES!!!!

Monk, i fixed my hang up problem! With the new mod version since you changed squatter to colonist you need to change the ini. file for the colonist unit....rename it to colonist........that fixed my problem.....i didnot see that in your readme file...if its there i missed lol.....anyway im good to go..............keep up the good work......................also....in another thread....someone has added new startegic resources....i think that is a great idea.............maybe you could look into donig that............anyway................thx......

Comment

• okay. I got some temporary fixes for the icons. I need to find a downward shot of the statue. This way I can add in the grassy background. Here is what it looks like:
                            Attached Files
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

• Oh yeah, here is the zip file for anyone who wants this temporary fix. Just unzip the file into the root of your civilization III directory. It will put the files where they need to be.

The file includes large and small pedia icons, a city icon (which is just a copy of the colossus for now), and a new wonder splash pic (it is just a black and white, also temporary). The only files it will replace are the pediaicon.txt and statue.pcx. The only change to pediaicon.txt are the addition of these icons.

Monkspider,

I hope I didn't overstep my bounds by doing this, as this is your creation. I'm just trying to help.

Updated file. (0.83)
                              Last edited by Elucidus; April 20, 2002, 20:27.
                              Yours in gaming,
                              ~Luc

Comment

• Balancer Mirrors

Hiya, all

Monk's Balancer v140 and Euclidus' Statue.zip files have been mirrored on my site to aide in downloading. Again, I hope this is kosher w/ everyone.

Elucidus_Status.zip

Monkspiders_Balancer_140.zip

Also, I'm going to be spending some of my time this weekend making my own mods to Monk's mod, if he doesn't mind. Planned changes are:

- Addition of "Constitutional Monarchy" Government, based primarily on the UK's iteration of the form, which is shaping up to be a compromise between, you guessed it, Monarchy and The Republic

- Addition of "Hollywood" a culture and luxury Great Wonder, perhaps at the expense of Sgt Pepper's

- Addition of "The Internet" Great Wonder, providing Great Library effects in the Modern Age

- Addition of other, Small Wonders to address specific concerns of corruption, efficency, and waste

- *huge* overhaul to modern naval warfare, such that it will no longer take years to cross a small ocean, and will allow for a Battleship to never receive a threat from an ironclad

- other, minor changes (like making Artillery airliftable)

- and, hopefully, some means of maintaining small, viable colonies in far-flung places.

...that is, if I can tear myself away from Monk's mod itself

Thanks to Monk, Elucidus, and everyone else for making my CivIII experience that much more rewarding

Yaga
                                For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

Working...
                                X