Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also Yaga, I really like a large number of your ideas, but the editor isn't powerful enough to support a lot of them at this time, especially those regarding small wonders :-(
    You will find some of your proposed changes in the next update though.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

any mod that does not address the rampant pollution silliness in the game is not worth the download time. i hardly ever even play past the entry into the industrial age because most of my time is spent sending workers to clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
        That's not good Harlan! Are you playing with any other mods? Do you remember if there is any exact circumstance when the game hangs? I have played a few games with no problems.
        I don't know if this is related to my mod or not, because I remember that exact thing happening to me twice as the Iroquois before I even dreamed of creating this mod.
        Has anyone else reported this happening while playing with my mod?

the game crashes on me all the time on a 200+x200+ map with 16 civs.. it really makes the game unplayable that way for me... the first crash was at 760ad and the second at like 1500 bc.. both save games crash all the time so i'm gonna set world size and number of civs down and try again. i have not installed your or any mod yet. i'd wager the crash is just the game and not the mod.

out of 3 games 2 major crashes and one map bug. not good odds
        I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Sorry annoyed, but I don't know if there is a way to adjust this or not. I'll definitely look into it though.
          And for the record, I think you would find my mod definitely "worth the download time".

Comment

Well, where the hell can I download it? And don't tell me that geocities - moonpieboy page, 'cause it ain't accessible. You know, making a mod this popular (from all of the discussion) and then making it unavailable is tantamount to teasing on a gross scale

Comment

Monk,

Thought you might want to check out this story I posted in the general forum, "The AI learns to use Mods" I know a few people have asked if Mods will unbalance the game in the players favor. I think my story shows that it won't.

Comment

Response

I would agree that the ai learns to use mods. In 2 games i have started using monkspiders's mod.....once most ai's get democracy its a mad rush to build the Statue of Liberty.....i have yet to see if they use other forms of government....yet.......also monkspider i posted a few days back about a possible bug crash w/your mod...i have restarted several games and it has not crashed again....the only think i have changed...is the size of the map...from normal to a larger map...it could have been the squatter bug that was casuing. that..........anyway keep up the good work..............one suggestion...could you add additional strategic resources to your mod something along the lines of the mod by cossack...i think that is a very...good idea.........................my 3 cents worth

Comment

Monkspider,
                  I haven't installed any other mod but yours. Though I would like to, I've heard of some problems regarding different mods not working well with each other, so I'm taking it easy until the first patch comes out.

The bug is very replicable - restarting the computer didn't help. I can send you the file if you're interested, to see if it happens to you as well.

Comment

download help?

How do i get the DL. the link doesn't seem to work, nor does right clicking on it. Am i missing something?

Comment

• sigh...

Playing a really fun, competitive game, and just discovered Refining. 7 Oil resources, only 1 is on a non-Costal square.

*Sigh...*
                      For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

• Hey monkspider I am unable to download the mod. It doesn't work if I left click on it or if I right click and "save target as". I am unable to save it to anywhere. Is there something wrong with the link? Or am I just doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated cause I am greatly looking forward to playing with your mod. Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Second link works!

Try the link just above the Beatles pic and use "save target as..."

If you have v 1.31 of the mod, all you need to do to get rid of the squatter bug is follow the instructions below. This is a post Elucidus made on page 2. This is the only change made in v 1.32.

Copy the settler folder in the Art/units folder. Name the new settler folder Squatter. Also name the ini file inside the folder to squatter. It's what I did and it fixed it. Of course I renamed it to colonist, but that's just me. Also renamed the scout to pioneer.

Comment

• Which "second link?" Let me put it this way - none of the links to any of the geocities/moonpieboy page in this entire thread work. So, is it anywhere else?

Comment

• Mirror Mirror

Hopefully w/o stepping on anyone's toes, I've added a mirror of Monk's Balancer v132 here:

http://www.yaga-ysgs.com/civiii/Monk...lancer_132.zip

The directory is browsable.

I've also taken the liberty to make the following changes to its Readme:

corrected typo "segart" to "stegart"
                              properly identified version as "132
                              For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

Comment

• Wow thanks so much Yaga!
                                I'm going to put up version 1.4 tonight.
                                Stay tuned!
                                Also, Harlan please do send me that file
                                monkspider@yahoo.com
                                Is this a game you started from scratch? If you tried to load a saved game that you started before installing my mod, with some of the changes in this mod, games do tend to crash I have noticed.

Comment

Working...
                                X