X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Something doens't work

Originally posted by pKurmannCH
    Hi Sn00py.

Something doesn't work. Are Mountains, Hills and Forest linked with each other, the color of mountains always change.

Is it to be fixed or it's just my problem?
    Really snoopy... I myself have this problem. the hills have a different colour coding when a forest or jungle is placed beside it. I think the files are "Hill jungle" & "Hill forest". Any way for u to fix the problem?
    Emperor AGEN_H
    Ruler of AgenhLand

Comment

What happened to your improved railroads? Can you post a file of them, or sn00py, would you be interested in including that in your mod?
      Haven't had time to work on them since the last one (gray with yellow lines) yet... I think it's still up in the thread, but here's another link (with something for Claymore, too ):

Highways (gray with yellow lines)

and

Original railroads.pcx
      -- World Dominatrix --

Comment

the roads breakup coz my trees are overlapping them in some parts

the original gfx actually do the same, except in different places because the tree's are different, I don't have much of a problem with it, you can see where the roads are connecting.

here's the fix for the hills, tell me how it goes.
        Attached Files
        be free

Comment

btw, I won't be doing any mods until I am free again, I have 6 websites to do over the next few months, sorry every1

i will be looking at the new editor to see what it can do, if it can do what I hope it does, then I will continue to mod, if not, I am saying bye to civ3 like I did with b&w

I have two games left that I want to play, and thats Duke Nukem Forever and maybe Halo, after that, I am sick of games, computers and I will just go and start a family =o)
          be free

Comment

Your outstanding mod!

Hey just wanted to say thanks for improving the really lame looking graphics. The irrigation now actually looks like it. The only thing is the raised land mod, If i install it the moment the game loads up the land turns black and the game bombs. All other mods are just spectacular is the only words I can say. If I were to gripe it would only be the coast line comes out a little square looking. Great job! Now if someone could do something about the awful sounds for the some of the units. The horse gallop just looses it totally as sounded like a horse! If you get my drift! Peace!

Desert Dog
            Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
            Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

oooo
              Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
              religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                btw, I won't be doing any mods until I am free again, I have 6 websites to do over the next few months, sorry every1
                Your mods have been great, and although I'm sorry you won't be doing more for a while it's good that you did them.

Keep up the good work whatever work you choose to do, and hope to see you back with mods at a later time.
                None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Great Work! Some suggestions

I think your work is very good, globally. However I have a few suggestions, which I think would improve even more your nice work. My main concern is “readability”. If you fill a tile too much you end up not being able to see other things on it.

1. Irrigation.
                  They are a little bit too filled. Although this might seem nice and correct for grasslands, I don’t think it is the same for plains and specially deserts. With this patch, irrigated deserts now seem almost like irrigated grasslands, which make them hard to distinguish.

I think you should do the irrigation in such a way that we *see* the underlying terrain. I think that is very important, because an irrigated desert can’t produce more than a simple “unirrigated” grassland, and that might make a big difference during game play.

So, I’m sticking with the original desert and plains irrigations for now.

2. Mountains and Hills
                  This one is one of the best. Now mountains really look like mountains! I also liked the “greener” hills. The green you used is a lot better than the original, I think. So all I have to say here is: good work!

3. Rivers
                  I had nothing against the original rivers. However, yours look nice too, and they can be seen even better, although perhaps they are a bit too wide… But I’m using them too.

4. Trees
                  I *really* like the graphics, but it is a pity they are too filled. I have difficulties seeing what lies under a tile with forest or jungle. So I’m sticking with the original forests and perhaps jungles.

My suggestion: Trees:
                  Maybe fill them with about one third (1/3) of the total trees you now have. That would be a bit more than the original graphics, but not much more.

My suggestion: Trees:
                  Considering a jungle is a lot denser than a forest, maybe you should fill it with about half (1/2) of the total trees you now have.

Don’t forget that the main goal of civ is playing it, not just looking at it. Although I must admit I really liked looking at your mountains, sea shores and jungles!

5. Water
                  This is the best of them all! The raised sea shores and polar caps, look *really* real! You did a splendid work here!

I also agree that Firaxis should give a chance to people like you. I think that skilled enthusiasts like you should be given the opportunity to improve Civilization. Because I think that you, me and many like us know the game a lot better than Firaxians.

This is just my opinion, off course. You don’t have to cope with it.
                  But please please please, since you are so talented, I think you could do just this final improvement to please at least one Civ Fan like me, couldn’t you?

Just another thing. I tried getting to your web page (http://www.civer.f2s.com/files.shtml), but I get a “page not found error”. Do you know what is happening?

Looking forward to hearing from you. And again, thanks for the SPLENDID work!

Comment

Mirrors?

Can someone please post a mirror somewhere? I've been trying to reach sn00py's server for the past several days and each time have recieved the same "page not found" error that Silvagem is getting.

Comment

Working...
                    X